Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone read in the Sun that the tt is being recalled because the wheels might fall off!!! of all the evo's faults..It aint that bad...German engineering..fantastic:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the problem is a few cases of suspension components breaking and leaving the wheel hanging. It applies to any cars sharing the TT's basic chassis (Golf? Passat?). Trust the Sun (or Sun reader?) to portay it as wheels falling off . ;)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's concerning 41'000 cars, the TT 225, the S3 and the A3 with quattro. The lower rear suspension arm can break due to corrosion. This has already been out for days. Wonder what comes next!

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So lets see. To date the TT has had 2 small problems

1. They flip over. Cars recalled for for suspension mods and spoiler
2. Suspension breaks. Cars recalled for new suspension.

Luckily, nothing minor!! The faults of the Evo seem to get less significant by the day :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel safer already, you forgot to mension the other small problem they have

They are slow.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And they are owned by either:

a/ People who have no idea about performance cars (it looks cute and is expensive|EQU| fast)

b/ limp-wristed hairdressers

c/ oh, and quite a few tossers.

TT and Boxsters, I sh*t 'em!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pondy

Please post this on the TT forum as they often post about how there cars blow away Evo`s , Porsche`s , etc on trackdays, it makes me chuckle and amp; wonder what the hell they would think if ever experienced a real car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looked at it yesterday. Didn't post my views because I couldn't stop laughing. They cannot be serious (can they)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rob,
I dont think there was any need for that kind of comment.even if that is your point of veiw there was no reason to express it here.
do you think that there are no ethnic minorities that own evo's??
I am Asian and i own an evo6,what do you make of that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The posting in question has been removed. I am sure no bad feeling was intended but please think before posting.
Colin Booker, MLR Moderator, 7/10/01

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the posting in question was not intended to offend but was simply an observation. appologies to anyone who ,may have taken it the wrong way no words were used that were degrading or nasty. In my opinion it is not racist to say that a particular type of car is preffered by a certain race of people who are fortunate enough to afford one. than it is sexist to say that it is owned by limp wristed hairdressers....any gay evo owners out there didn't seem to go off on one. Where does the moderator draw the line?

once again sorry, won't do it again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only thread I saw regarding evo's they all admitted that the Evo was quicker than a TT but they prefered the looks and interior of the audi. They also said only 9 year old boys will like the look of the evo, which is probably why I like the look of mine as my mental age is still about 9 :).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I m not a limp wristed hair dresser nor retailer but I actually do like the look of the TT ,i have trashed about 3 225hp models now and they hate it .
The shape appeals to me more than a Beamer M3 ,but its for ponses and posers ,in my opinion,but still a good looking car.
I dislike cars made for the masses ,but the TT is one if the nicest .But they always will be behind me.
They don't like it up em those TT drivers getting worse than scoob mania.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are fikin' 'lifestyle cars', like the beetle !

I love my anti-social, anti-establisment fock off evil evo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanx Daz

TTs SLKs and Z3s look so soft. I like the way you described the Evo's lookz, 2 fingers to the establishment :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts