Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my work computer, i have a spyware/malware problem and its really doing my head in

not 100% sure where it originates from ive never looked at anything particularly dodgy in work

but most times when i open internet explorer i get a pop up from adnet or adznet or whatever it is, saying there is spyware on my computer click here to clean it (yeh right :rolleyes: )

ive used microsoft spyware, adware, panda online scan, housecall online scan, we have spent hour after hour going through the registry, we thought we had got them
but it keeps coming back!!!!!

help me someone :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think it goes back to when i looked at a "crack" site for something, i know they are always riddled with viruses and spyware etc, its never been the same since :(

adaware picks up on them but they just keep coming back!

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
If you are going to use something like adware or spybot, make sure you have the operating system in safe mode. Also, if you can get your hands on it - use Mcafee Corporate Virus Scan. It is better than most spyware products put together.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GlobalGB said:
If you are going to use something like adware or spybot, make sure you have the operating system in safe mode. Also, if you can get your hands on it - use Mcafee Corporate Virus Scan. It is better than most spyware products put together.
ill try that later :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
mike_turbo said:
i think it goes back to when i looked at a "crack" site for something, i know they are always riddled with viruses and spyware etc, its never been the same since :(

adaware picks up on them but they just keep coming back!
If Adaware is picking them up your best to scan your system in safe mode. Shut Down your pc and then turn on again keep hitting the F8 key until u get a menu and select Safe Mode. Then run a full Adaware scan

Dan

Whoops totally missed Globals post

·
Registered
66 Posts
also if you do close any dubious lookin windows always do it with the right click on the taskbar rather than clicking close on the actual window as they can alter the page so closing with the little X actually accepts , says yes , etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts