Lancer Register Forum banner

attempted theft evo 6

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  V5 MAN 
#1 ·
hi guys
we have an evo thief in burnham bucks
my car has 2 cars parked in front of it and some arse hole still attempted to hot wire it also smashing the rear quarter to get in
car is still with me because of a flat battery
so even though he has cost me a few quid im glad he never got the satisfaction of driving my car :D

#3 ·
Makes ya wonder if removing the battery is still the best form of defence... :rolleyes:

I mean it won't protect your belongings (unless your alarm has it's own stand-alone supply seperate to the ignition system), but ya can't drive the car without it (well not easily).

I'm guessing the Rally guys on here have 'quick-release' kits for thier batteries, boot relocations etc.

#4 ·
Looks like the scum of the earth have returned again Cossie :mad:

I am not too far from you in Surrey and this area was always ment to be a good one but that has long since changed :mad:

What ever you have and what ever you do some low life will always try to f**k it up for you and that's why all our insurances are so bloody high :mad:

Why should we all have to pay for the rest of the scum that can't keep themselves to themselves :confused:

Hope you get it all sorted very soon mate so you can get back to normal.

#5 ·
Diehard said:
Makes ya wonder if removing the battery is still the best form of defence... :rolleyes:

I mean it won't protect your belongings (unless your alarm has it's own stand-alone supply seperate to the ignition system), but ya can't drive the car without it (well not easily).

I'm guessing the Rally guys on here have 'quick-release' kits for thier batteries, boot relocations etc.
Could be, or how about taking out the fuel pump fuse??

Or even better, put a knackered fuse in and change it when you use it, that way, it's still alarmed but just won't start....

:D ;) :p

#8 ·
At the end of the day how far do you go with trying to immobilise your car?

Basically what I am here saying is - you don't want to end up taking off so many bits of your car that it takes your hours to put it back together just to go down the road for a quick drive.

Obviously within reason take a few extra precaughtions in making your car harder for them to drive it away in the first place but if they want it so badly they will just come back with a level loader and take it anyway.

If there was more police on the beat we wouldn't need all this anyway and if the scum got the punishment they deserve they would think twice about doing it in the first place.

#9 ·
As said in Pulp Fiction, it would be worth catching the b&stards commiting the act just so you could confront them. I am not a violent person but I do happen to have a piece of wood more traditionally associated with an American ball game which I feel could come in rather handy.... :D

#10 ·
New Reg said:
As said in Pulp Fiction, it would be worth catching the b&stards commiting the act just so you could confront them. I am not a violent person but I do happen to have a piece of wood more traditionally associated with an American ball game which I feel could come in rather handy.... :D
Just to make sure to get the job done first time - hammer a few 6" nails through it at the fat end ;)

There should be plenty on here to give you an aliby if you need one just pm them the date and time etc ;)

It's about time the victims got some real justice I say.

#11 ·
Thats realy scary im not too far from there either, car parked on the road alarmed and with disklok on at all times but like jon said how far do u go? most of these people are the kind that if they want it they'll do their best to get it . Might stick mine where there's other cars in front ov it for a while :(

#12 ·
I found that sum1 had been trying to get into my house for a few weeks, i assume they where after the keys to the astra (dont have my evo yet) but they still would not be able to take it.

I have found the only way to stop them taking your pride and joy unless they bring a low loader is to take the ECU out, mines easy accessable and i take it out when i leave the car and keep it away from the car keys

#13 ·
You can get battery isolators which you have a kind of key, much like the rally boy's kill switches, except they have a permanant fused connection to keep your clock / radio's etc powered up but if you try to start the car without the isolator key the fuse will pop and it's immobilised.

#14 ·
Real shame about that cossie362 hope the damage isn't to costly.

i'm just up the road from you in wooburn, as has been said if they want it they'll do anything to take it.

seems the japanese have got it right as none of the imports never seem to come over with alarms/immobilisers. do they chop peoples hands of over there if they try to steal!?, maybe we should :D

#17 ·
johneturbo said:
[B

seems the japanese have got it right as none of the imports never seem to come over with alarms/immobilisers. do they chop peoples hands of over there if they try to steal!?, maybe we should :D [/B]
Yep yep, that Japs sure to have things right, no immobiliser on my car, and penalties for any crime here are quite severe, especially for speeding, prison in some cases.
And its not like you'll be able to get away too easily, with all their rx7 squad cars....

Here people respect each others property, thats why one can leave their house door unlocked all day, and not worry about a thing at work....

#18 ·
cheers cossie362
yep i've driven through burnham a few times, mainly down to the local mitsi dealer in taplow ;)

nice roads but tramline like mad down some of them roads.

V5 MAN last time was just before xmas i must of drove up and down that bloody high st 10 times before i found a space! each time i kept sinking lower down in the seat :blush:

yeah the japs have got it right and i think the main thing is down to respect. or lack of it over here

i think we should have a burnham/wycombe/wooburn mini meet :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.