Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone broke into my house last night via a downstairs sash window (missing deadbolt soon to be rectified) and then went through the downstairs of the house looking for keys..all draws /cupboards/containers opened. Dont think they came upstairs, cannot see anything opened.

At the moment it looks like nothing was taken so probably specifically after the EVO.

They didn't find the keys as I've taken advice from here/elsewhere and often spend hours trying to find them myself!

EVO still outside

Not sure if its someone that spotted the CAR by my house or they have found my address via Autotrader info (Car is currently for sale)..I've had a few calls but dont recollect giving out specific details.

Police came within an hour (very impressed) and fingerprint crew expected later. There is a CCTV camera close by so the scoats may have been seen entering. Police also mentioned someone locally had their car stolen by this method last night.

So I was lucky this time but if you ever need a reminder to NOT leave keys visible or in obvious places this is it. Especially true if you live in the MK area.

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Tony

Sorry to hear about that mate, glad you are all OK and still have the car.

What district of MK do you live, PM me if you like...

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
415 Posts
Blimey.... good point and something I will have to look at especially as I only live down the road from MK in dumpstable.....

Glad you still have your car bud and hope you somehow catch the thieving scrotts!!!!

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
This happened to me about a year ago, you have to try and keep the Evo out of sight, mine is in the garage at nights now, PITA but at least it's safe ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is getting crazy in some places. If I have any cars behind me when approaching my road/house I always go past and go round the block.......might seem crazy to some but I do what I can to minimise the risk. If I could get away with it I'd have a few "select" dogs waiting for anyone wanting to try it!

Thing is, they all know there's not many who would risk the safety of their family or themselves over a car........it's a worthwhile gamble for them.

Remember reading somewhere about a guy who left a rather large snake in his car to scare people off.........now there's an idea! :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Glad they didn't get away with the motor. My only concern is the more ruthless tea leaves out there who will come upstairs for the keys and get carried away if you don't give them over? I'd rather have a safe family and risk loosing the motor.

It's a shame we live in a society where we even have to think about this! Can I blame the labour government? :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good post, Lucky. The security on the cars is so good that the tea-leafs are now targetting the person.

I'm also in Dumpstable so I'll have to be extra vigilant.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This exact same thing happened to me last week. :mad: Luckily my keys were well hidden. :)
This is now a very common incident and high powered cars are a popular target for thieving little sh1ts. Everyone should be really careful with their keys as this is a big problem.

Glad you still have your car and you are OK.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Milton keynes

What is it with Milton Keynes, little [email protected] broke into my new Landy outside the Hilton Hotel :mad: [email protected] could not even get in past the security glass, another poor bloke, they smashed 3 of his windows in his mondeo, what were they trying to do steal it or scrap it :) even broke into a disabled pesons car parked right outside the ferkin main door !

Don't bother with the Hilton at MK they just don't care.

Anyway It's quite easy to prevent this kind of key crime fit a Sumo Power Anti Hi Jack hot seat.

It works in two ways

1. if your attacked in the car and removed the car will only run on for 30 secs after you have left the drivers seat.

2. if you exit the car at night the car CANNOT be restarted with just the keys on their own.

So if the thief steals the keys from your kitchen he is simply not going to get anywhere, and by the time he has found this out you should have been able to alert the police and make enough noise to wake the dead.

There is one for sale from me in the forsale section as its no use to me in a race car.

If you want to keep your evo consider getting in touch with SUMO to get hold of one of the few remaining of these excellent kits.

Oh it's dead easy to fit for anyone slightly competent or Rob at SUMO will be able to help you out.

The choice is yours be a victim or do something about it :angel:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to let you all know, my 54 plate 260 was stolen Over Easter following a burglary to snatch the keys.

I have been following this thread for some time and feel compelled to share the pain I and my family have suffered:-

The first I new of it was my wife waking me at 4.30 am shouting the cars gone!I got to see a glimpse of it dissapearing of the drive with the alarm sounding. The total feeling of dis-belief was crushing.

The B...Stards had sprung a patio door and grabbed the keys from the dining room dresser, while my wife and kids were sleeping. I rang the police straightaway ,followed by smartnav,who were able to get a fix on the car. The police were able to get to the location within minutes but not before the tracker had been disabled. According to the PC`s in attendance the patrol cars were faced with my car with 3 or more youths drivng at them at speed in order to get away. My new car was now very second hand having sustained the the following damage:-

Barrier impact damage to Bonnet wings & roof
Heavy OSR quarter panel, Door, sill and suspension damage
All wheels & Tyres F..cked
Glove box ripped out (where the tracker is installed)
Rear roof damage(where they tried to rip the roof arial off)

This might seem bad, but the real damage was inflicted on my poor wife and daughters! They are only just beginning to sleep without the worry of listening for every little noise.

What security measures did I have ?

House alarm with night set,(apparently the passive didnt work)Car on the drive way with security lighting, padlocked 4ft tall metal driveway gates (padlocked boltcropped)

The point I am trying to make is this - if they are determined enough they will do all they can to take your car regardless of how security conscious you may feel.

Where does this leave me know? :confused:

Car at the repairers awaiting an assesor. Not sure if i want it back now but what choice do i have? You need to do a lot of damage to write of a 20k car right?

Family life getting back to normal ,New uprated house alarm and patio locks fitted.
My message to you all is not to get complacent and review not only your car but your house hold security
I trust this thread helps others as I would not wish anyone to go thru what we have suffered.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gixer boy makes a good point. If they are that determined they are difficult to stop. A disk lock won't stop them. These people will either get your keys, or use an angle grinder to cut it off.

The courts need to get their act together and start taking crime seriously. Burglary carries 14 years inside, so why are they let out straight away to do it again?
There is no deterrent and there needs to be.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tried & Tested

This is probably the best visbile Security deterent I have come up with and is sure to put off even the most determined $hits.

1. Purchase a U shaped motorbike reinforced lock.

2. Take 1 minute to push your drivers seat forward and recline it towards the steering wheel.

3. Place the U lock through the gap in the seat headrest and around the steering wheel.

4. Vouloir...unless someone happens to be carrying industrial bolt cutters and has a load of time to spare whilst your alarm sounds then you should still have your car.

Alternatively wire the car to the mains each evening and always remember to disconnect each morning.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Its true what was said earlier the risk is quite small for the thief, take 1 chance and they're rewarded with someones prized posession, if they get caught soon released to terrorise other people :ara: they all deserve proper punishment. Pleased to hear that no one was physically hurt

·
Registered
17 Posts
JohnT said:
Anyway It's quite easy to prevent this kind of key crime fit a Sumo Power Anti Hi Jack hot seat.

:confused:
Anyone know about this? - it sounds a wonderfull toy but I can't find any info about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having read some of the feedback with hindsight I could have done more to try and prevent the theft , but at he end of the day you have to ask yourself is it all worth it ?

The hardest thing will be to convince the wife the car is worth keeping given the agro it attracts.

Once again theives 1 Hardworking Taxpayer O............

Maybe the risk of prosecution for owning a firearm isn`t such a bad gamble afterall........ :ara:

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
tennis said:

:confused:
Anyone know about this? - it sounds a wonderfull toy but I can't find any info about it.
Send a PM to Japracer (Rob at SumoPower) about these devices. To be honest, I would like to think that you won't find too much information about how these devices work on here, the less info the theif is given the better in my opinion...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts