Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Today whilst out in the evo pulled up at a junction, usual handbrake on completely stationary..

car in front was edging out but i was in no rush so stayed put, then to my horror the reversing light came on and back the little ford came

****** hell big beeps on the horn :blah: reversed straight into me
exchanged details but she wouldn't sign to admit liability :cry: although she was very sorry for what had happend think she was more concearned about her daddies Ka :eek:

Notified my insurance asap so fingers crossed with my 3 witnesses should be ok

any estimates on an evo 8mr front bumper :confused:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as it was only a slow impact just the front bumper had the intercooler checked over at local mitsi garage all was fine..

its difficult to see from a far whats wrong but its cracked underneath round the screwing points bit scuffed and some damage to the mesh etc

well and truely ****** off but it could of been worse :(

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
2bar boost said:
exchanged details but she wouldn't sign to admit liability :cry: although she was very sorry for what had happend
It may have changed but i was always under the impression you were never to admit liability, even in a completely 'your fault' accident. I don't think the insurance companies like it.

When she tells them what happened they will just accept liability straight away.

Did you get an independant witness? With her reversing into you, I would have, if she says she was the one stationary and you hit her, they are liable to believe her.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 of the witnesses was in the car with me but they will probably dis miss that, the other 2 were in the car behind me but again they are collegues as it was close to my work place

So its down to wether she admits to driving like a **** or that a young bloke in a high powered sports car hit her up the ar$e

Wheres the justice in the world :frust:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
£2000 - that would be cheap. My ex had someone bump her from behind whose foot slipped off the clutch at a junction and they lurched forward into her causing her some whiplash injuries, she got 6500quid for her troubles.

Thats a lot of mods..... :)

I might start hanging round at junctions....

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
vikingboy said:
£2000 - that would be cheap. My ex had someone bump her from behind whose foot slipped off the clutch at a junction and they lurched forward into her causing her some whiplash injuries, she got 6500quid for her troubles.

Thats a lot of mods..... :)

I might start hanging round at junctions....
£6500 :eek: I hope I get that much :D

Bex :angel:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
...and im sure the intecooler was also forced back into the radiator damaging that, which in turn hit the turbo breaking that too...and the manifold, which stressed the block, and bent the rods which bent the crank which......

·
Registered
317 Posts
About 3 years ago some old codger pulled out of a side road as I was going in and he scraped the rear side of my Evo.
He admitted he didn't see me and it was his fault and I had a witness (my girlfriend I was picking up from the end of the road) so I thought no problem here.

Got a letter through claiming against ME!!

The old git had lied and said I had cut the corner and hit him!!! :mad:. My insurance company (Bell Direct) wouldn't accept my girlfriends statement as she knew me. Ended up with a 50/50, I was well p*sed off, luckily it was only minor damage.

Just a tip for your claim, make sure the witnesses don't admit they know you or you know them.
Admiting liability means nothing if they lie to the insurance company, independant witnesses are the key ... and if it will back you up photos of the scene.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts