Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It`s here after what seems like an eternity it`s finally arrived. I collected it on Sat lunch and its been well worth the wait.

Pulling out of my drive at teatime I got a taste of things to come reaction wise. Two young lads (about 12 yrs) started whooping and cheering, put your foot down Mr! I had to explain, I`m trying to run it in at that they looked as gutted as I felt.

This lunch I was in York visiting a customer as I left his premises the local 6th form college was just emptying for lunch. Five 6th form girls stood at the side of the car where one shouted, fXXXXXX nice car . The youth of today eh!!.

I think this may be fun. LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That will have just been the beginning. Be ready to be the centre of attention wherever you drive. Sad thing is you get used to it for a while. Something that always gives me pleasure though is that facial expression and body language of a beaten Boxter or TT driver. Ahhh.... at that point my expression is like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now when they butcher the cow in slow motion....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah,

I love to sneer at the TT drivers. Wot a handbag. Same as Z3 which reminds me: I took our receptionist to get a sandwich in my TME this lunchtime. From the screams/gasps i think she was a bit surprised with the perfromance. She said she fancied one of those BMW convertible thingy's . I said darkly yeah it would suit you (meaning it was a right handbag of a motor). Unfortunately she picked up my inflexion (subtlety never was my strong point (probably why i like the evo so much)), i rapidly tried to dig myself out of a hole by adding what i meant was it would suit an attractive women like you . At least I didn't try the old ride for a ride gambit (i'll save that for later).

have fun in your new machine charlie.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michael K.

Better try to stop picking my nose in stationary traffic. LOL.

Oli

I took a customer and his wife out for a meal on Saturday night, his wife told me the car would snap nicker elastic at 20 paces to an educated woman DRIVER .

Interesting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charlie
What colour did you get - I'll keep a look out for you as I come Up North from time to time..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
charlie,

roughly what part of leeds area are you from ?. i currently have a silver 5. soon to be a 6, and am out towards Ilkley. not too many evos out my way. my wife took the kids to leeds on sunday, and the kids spotted a bloke at the side of the road doing the were not worthy waynes world, bowing routine.the kids now think there bloody royalty, but funny all the same.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This has been covered in a previous thread also, but this raised the question in my mind again of, What are you supposed to say, when someone says nice car mate ??

Do you say Yeah I know and sound like a pretentious prick or what?? :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
some girl said to me on satarday at the petrol station 'nice car mate ' so i replyed the same as all ways 'Thanks ' i find this works ok you dont sound too much of a show off and you have answered them ,if you ignore them they just think that you are stuck up.

Are the rest of you fed up with answering these questions as well

1/ How much did it cost you
2/ how much insurance are you paying
3/ how fast is it, Always follwed by how fast have you been in it .
4/ (not all of you will get asked this )is it your car, just asume its my dads :)
5/ how often do the police stop you
6/ how many points have you got now?

is there any commen questions i have missed?????.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One I got today caught me by suprise. Attractive blond pulls up next to me at some lights. She is in a Fiesta. Says something to me but couldn't work it out so I wound down the window. She did the same and said........... want a race then? Was still laughing when the lights changed and we had a mock race. Like a gent, I let her win :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had one from a lad who lives up my road the other day. He was walking past as I had got the evo out and was putting the wife's car back into the driveway ( I always make sure it's blocked in by another car, just in case), the car was running so I couldn't hear him properly; he shouted how quick is that? , I thought he said what a prick is that? so I said f**k off, **** . He just looked at me and carried on walking! I didn't realise until he'd gone what he said!

My house is now for sale, £12.50 for a quick sale http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

I was having the Evo MOT'd today and a bloke in a Polo waiting for the car wash outside the garage shouted nice car mate , I was lost for words, so I just said yeah it's alright , what a dick i am!

The garage didn't bother doing an emissions test 'cos they couldn't find the car on their computer, nearest was a 1.3 Lancer! Passed it anyway! It was giving the mechanics inside a headache anyway!

Simon Evo,

When you get yours MOT'd, make sure they do it outside or the mechanic will have tinitis for years! [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm always being asked Don't suppose you'd like to swap that for my (insert name of crap family car here), would you? Go on, you know you want to .

But it's always blokes who mention it. Obviously I don't mix with the right kind of impressionable girlies. Either that or I'm an ugly fùcker...

If there are any young ladies out there who want to swap a ride for a ride...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
charlie

watch out at the bottom of stanningly by pass, gatso there got me and quite a few people i know. also dual lane stretch of road back toward ilkley just of Meanwood roundabout,happy hunting ground for lazer totting speed cops,found out loads of people i know got done there too. sods law i found out these were hot spots after i got done.!.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts