Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nearly three years of yearning for an Evo, I've finally got one! A lovely silver E5 with black powder coated OZ e6 wheels (superleggera or F1 or whatever they are called). Slightly lowered Eibach springs, 12000 miles, mint condition.

I got it from a for sale thread on here, who said this wasn't a good place to advertise your motor?!

I'd just like to thank everyone for their knowledge, 'cos without reading the stuff on here I would not have known what to look for!

You'll never get shot of me now!

Shorty,

Organise a meet soon, I wanna show her off!

P

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Evo 6 wheels are called OZ Superturismo. OZ Superleggera are 9,8kg wheels (in 18 inch).
Congratulations on your purchase.

Have you considered getting HKS or JUN forged pistons and conrods, titanium valves and retainers and a Trust turbo kit T67? Maybe a shaved crankshaft to make it 2,2l? Lots of good stuff out there... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claudius,

Yep, am getting all the above fitted on Wednesday at Halfords (if you don't know; ask someone), plus a static conductor on the rear bumper, this one is a must have!! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't go to Halfords for all that trick kit, Charlie Browns is much cheaper and their 'technicians' know which way round a baseball cap is meant to go.

Anyway, I'll be amazed if you manage to get your standard 'slow' V down there without the aid of a towrope before Wednesday ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pondy ,

You beat me to an E5 ,glad you have one ,and can now get some serious pleasure out of motoring .
See if you can get to one of the Wroughton airfield days ,just to be able to throw it around and get used to it.wished i had done it on the test drive.
will put up for a meeting for the 30th sept ,if interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pondy, Have you got any nice pics of your new treasure with black coated alloys. I'm pondering whether to get the wheels for my Silver E5 refurbished in the same colour, or maybe a dark charcoal grey. If so could you please email to [email protected] Ta.

And having just spent Saturday on the airfield at Kemble (nr Wroughton) I would agree wholeheartedly with Shorty - you will have a grin from ear to ear and an endless queue of would be passengers blagging a ride! (oh - and a bill for new tyres).

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dlgis,

I have got pics but a) they don't look good in the photo (you can't see 'em 'cos they are matt and the camera don't pick them up well and b) I haven't got a clue how to post them on here!

They do look the mutts nuts on the car, especially as it's been lowered about 50mm rear, 30mm front.

The only drawback I have found with this car is that I have now have an army of 8 year old fans! I s'pose this is thanks to GT3, thanx Sony! nice car mate being shouted from every little oik on his mountain bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts