Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my suspension geometry adjusted at AS Performance the other day, can't praise Alyn and his outfit enough.

Anyone who's looking for an independant Evo garage in the North East shouldn't hesitate to see what they can offer.

If your reading this Alyn, the steering is now spot on ;)

Chris.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
chrisr111 said:
Had my suspension geometry adjusted at AS Performance the other day, can't praise Alyn and his outfit enough.

Anyone who's looking for an independant Evo garage in the North East shouldn't hesitate to see what they can offer.

If your reading this Alyn, the steering is now spot on ;)

Chris.
What settings did you have.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Some people may argue that the technical help he gives others free of charge should be classed as 'giving something back to the MLR'.

If this place just had trader's advertising and people were receiving no technical help at all how long do you think this place would last?

It seems to be a fine line between the two in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
All IMHO of course :rolleyes:

Yep, everyone contributes in some way to the MLR, some positively, some negatively and some financially.

Agree with you if the technical help is FOC, but when it refers to buying goods from them then it’s that fine line between being part of the MLR and trading on the MLR.

If this place had no paying traders or members how long do you think it would last?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Bream said:

If this place had no paying traders or members how long do you think it would last?
Didn't I just say it was a fine line between the two? ;)

How do you think this placed was built up - by paying advertisers? Of course not, the members made it what it is today by helping each other and giving advice, general chat and so on. MLR seeks to expand upon that by opening up an advertising channel to a large stream of users that help with the daily running of the site. The point I was trying to make is that technical advice, help amongst other things should also be treated as a commodity just as valuable as $$$ pouring into the MLR coffers if they have any notions about the site being up'n'running in the long term. Its all a fine balance, no?

Might be interesting if MLR considered options where traders are bound by giving teccie advice that allows them to have a company name/web site in their sig as long as they fulfill technical response quotas (not so much an actual amount but by maintaining say 'sponsored forum categories' etc).

:)

Mark

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Didn't I just say it was a fine line between the two? ;)

How do you think this placed was built up - by paying advertisers? Of course not, the members made it what it is today by helping each other and giving advice, general chat and so on. MLR seeks to expand upon that by opening up an advertising channel to a large stream of users that help with the daily running of the site. The point I was trying to make is that technical advice, help amongst other things should also be treated as a commodity just as valuable as $$$ pouring into the MLR coffers if they have any notions about the site being up'n'running in the long term. Its all a fine balance, no?

Might be interesting if MLR considered options where traders are bound by giving teccie advice that allows them to have a company name/web site in their sig as long as they fulfill technical response quotas (not so much an actual amount but by maintaining say 'sponsored forum categories' etc).

:)

Mark
Agree but disagree, help, advice general chat is great and makes the MLR what it is today with a fine balance, yes.

However only $$$ pay for the server upkeep, wastegate chatter, Haynes sprint, trackday & show organisation and everything else a member benefit from.

So even forgetting traders for a minute, without members paying their yearly membership the MLR would not exist like it does today.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Oh sorry, I think our lines got a bit crossed there. At the very least I think members should pay to be part of the MLR - I was referring to paying advertisers and those that get MLR business but at least attempt to put something back in by being helpful as they can. :)

Bream said:
Agree but disagree, help, advice general chat is great and makes the MLR what it is today with a fine balance, yes.

However only $$$ pay for the server upkeep, wastegate chatter, Haynes sprint, trackday & show organisation and everything else a member benefit from.

So even forgetting traders for a minute, without members paying their yearly membership the MLR would not exist like it does today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts