Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I expect to pay for the supply and fitment of ARP Con-Rod bolts for a E6TME ?

Thank-you peeps.

Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
from memory i think i was quoted around 250 quid, mostly labour of course and leving the car overnight

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lad's,

I can do yr bigend bolts , £230 all in.
I wud need yr car in overnight 2 allow the sump sealer 2 cure.
Based near B'ham (about 10 mins away from #####art )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daz,

From memory the cost of bolts is about £50 and I believe I was quoted 2 hours labour to fit - but then I decided to get to have the HKS downpipe and elbow at the same time so cant seperate out the labour. Try phoning Alan at Dragon.

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PE quoted me £250 all-in (needs car overnight)

Dragon would be a lot closer for me but I don't think I would trust them with something of this importance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dont know, just that thorak has dragon take his car apart every day, so saying they are not trusted was a bit of a laugh.....

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys

Each to there own. I am not going to open that old chestnut of which tuner is best. As they are all out for your money.

For your info Dragon are doing me a dry sumped 2.2 litre stroker conversion with a Trust T67 turbo.
I think that work is slightly more technical than Rod bolts http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Thorak

And for your info I have had my rod bolts done. (always best to be safe than sorry)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thorak,

why dry sumped? what advantage does this give??? I'm not questioning your judgement here, just wanting to know the facts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi wai, are you booked into any trackdays in March ? Would be good to see u again and chat about all things evo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Oli goon

Right Blade has been asking me this question since I bought it up. For std engines I would not advise this mod but my engine is a stroker and a massive turbo. Estimates of power and amp; torque will be 500bhp|PLS| 400 ft/lb|PLS|. These forces will put a massive strain on the engine. On really hard cornering oil starvation may occur, but only if U exceed 1.5g but it is possible. I am very safety minded so I will build in as much safety as possible well after spending that kind of money U would, wouldn't U. So reliability is the main one, Other advantages is that better oil cooling and slight increase in power due to there being less viscosity for internals to go through.

Disadvantages is that U will need more oil and space in the engine bay for a tank and some pumps.
O, costs as well. (damn expensive :))

Jackel

I wish! the engine is still at Pace getting the sump cast, Pattern maker is Very busy. It seems I will miss as load of track days but hopefully I will make Castle combe, Well I had better do. http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Lee
[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thorak, my man was talking to Wayne at Pace today about the dry sump kit...

think I have to buy one now

thanks for doing the hard work 4 me :D

LOL

:D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmm, I'm not going to go into details here because I don't want to be sued but lets just say that my last trip to Dragon was less then fruitful. I shall be taking my buisness elsewhere from now on, probably to PE (although if EVOBOY could lend me a motor to get back home again overnight then I'd be more then happy to let him do the bolts...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wud so like 2 offer a courtesy car 4 u , but I'm not quite at that stage yet :(

There is a Travelodge within 10 mins of us tho.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts