Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at these quite seriously lately and reading up on them .

The Supercharged 2.0 ltr Honda vtec unit looks to be the way to go.

Is anyone else considering selling their evo for one of these.

Ive had my six from new and its done 14, 500 miles and as each yr passes i seem to drive it less and less , i know they are two completely different cars but i seem to be leaving the six in the garage more and more at the weekends and end up creeping about in the Jeep or my Pick up .

So not having the evo wouldnt really be a problem as i dont seem to use it anymore as the " family " car is was supposed to be.

I got a yearning to have one of these , but dont want to regret it .

Opinions please !

:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have considered the Atom too. My Evo is becoming less and less a 'roadcar' and more a trackday vehicle. Accordingly, the Atom2 seemed to be a better option.

Have had a small test drive, and personally, the 'low to the ground', 'open cockpit', 'open wheeler' experience didn't blow me away. :( The car was approximately equivalent to my Evo in terms of performance & laptimes (though obviously with completely different strengths & weaknesses) so it was always going to be a question of whether or not I was floored by the 'sensation' of driving it.

At the end of the day, I wasn't. And it wasn't worth selling the car that I've had since new (for less than half what I paid for it) and paying the purchase price of a brand new Evo again on top of that, to get into the Atom.

Having said that - I wasn't playing in the supercharged one... :coolsm:

...it will be a 'personal' decision for you rather than one of technical ability I think
;)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
dont get the atom saw it on top gear messes with your face man :coolsm: :crackup: might as well get a bike than a atom less than half the price and same performance, but atom would be good toy if you got the money :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts