Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are

car was in for service today. now i was just wondering do you really think they put the correct oil in, or any old shite.

the reason i ask is because my mate put doubt in my mind, he used to be a technician for renault, and when for instance a clio 182 came in they told the customer it would be synthetic oil used in the service ,and he said they just put any old shite in.

i know it was renault but do you think mitsi would do this especially on an evo, or am i just being paranoid?

p.s. it was a ralliart dealer.
 

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
Joined
·
38,880 Posts
Aidy said:
If it was a RalliArt dealer you'll be ok.
...well, assuming they actually did the service and didn't just leave it in the garage and threw a bucket of water over it

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,954 Posts
I've done stock takes at Audi dealers as an independent witness and Audi were pretty hot on keeping track of things.

Doesn't mean they didn't use crap oil on the cheap, nor that Mitsubishi are the same as Audi, but I would suspect it's more hassle than it's worth for the Franchise to risk losing it's dealership if Mitsubishi found out.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,493 Posts
My old work colleague had a m8 who worked at a well know Mitsi dealers in Doncaster, said m8 used to supply him with cheap mitsi oil filters ... reason been "you dont think we change them every time do you?? ;)"


Always put marks on everything they are meant to change, you never know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RichW said:
My old work colleague had a m8 who worked at a well know Mitsi dealers in Doncaster, said m8 used to supply him with cheap mitsi oil filters ... reason been "you dont think we change them every time do you?? ;)"

Always put marks on everything they are meant to change, you never know!
and the oil?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,458 Posts
i think it's the same scenario everywhere who do you trust ?
unless you can watch them actually doing it you'll never know what folk get up to :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
redliner said:
i think it's the same scenario everywhere who do you trust ?
unless you can watch them actually doing it you'll never know what folk get up to :mad:
which includes them going out and booting the arse out it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,954 Posts
neilly8 said:
which includes them going out and booting the arse out it
That's an easy one, note the tacho mileage when you drop it off. Better still, take a picture of it inside/outside their garage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,458 Posts
iv'e read a few threads on here of spotteds and the like where folks have dropped their car off for services + work etc etc

and others have spotted the cars tearing up the streets with more than one mechanic in them :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
I seen a nice evo 8 today at linwood going side ways was that you Neil, or was that the techs going to the shops in your car!!! :crackup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
youngsyr said:
That's an easy one, note the tacho mileage when you drop it off. Better still, take a picture of it inside/outside their garage.
I always do that when i take my car for service as i dont trust garage i take my car for service as heard bad things bout them....

Reckon everyone should note the tacho regardless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
i dont understand why dont u just service the car urself if ur that worried, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to change oil an filters an brake pads. plus ul save labourin money!!! just a suggestion :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,458 Posts
gizzer24 said:
i dont understand why dont u just service the car urself if ur that worried, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to change oil an filters an brake pads. plus ul save labourin money!!! just a suggestion :D
good idea but a lot like myself like the stamped up book mate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
gizzer24 said:
i dont understand why dont u just service the car urself if ur that worried, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to change oil an filters an brake pads. plus ul save labourin money!!! just a suggestion :D
And i wanna keep my warrantee intact while i still got it...

And a fully stamped book is usually good selling point
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
sorry mate understood! well u should get to know one of those receptionist birds in the mitshi deal ship an get on her good side if u know wat i mean ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
seano said:
I seen a nice evo 8 today at linwood going side ways was that you Neil, or was that the techs going to the shops in your car!!! :crackup:
very good sunshine. its ok for you, you get the special treatment at linwood and get your servicing much much cheaper than me :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top