Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed 2 fairly new camera's in Essex today :mad:

Both are erected on a trellis style framework, the cameras are not highly visible i.e in colour just plain silver and what looks to be a small antenna on top. I was told that they are specs but they dont resemble the images of specs cameras on various websites

locations= A127 london bound just b4 mayflower retail park +

Essex Yeomanry way old A130 chelmsford

Not even a bleep from the RA2 fingers crossed my average speed was below 70mph on both occassions :( thats if they are what i think??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Arse - I went down there last nightnd I was exceeding 70

They can't put cameras on the Essex Regiment Way - it's a legendary road - having said that there have been a couple of fatalities there in the last 3 months!

Surely a SPECS needs to have 2 cameras to get the ave speed so in theory it must be something else?!??

Thanks for the alert though - I will keep an eye out for it

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to add its 2 camera's on the framework. The first one seems to target one side of the road the second as you pass but it looks to be targeting the other side of the road.

As specs are fitted with the number plate recognition system it maybe able to police both sides of the road, as they take photo's before and after you pass the camera's match up the pics then calculate average speed :blah:

·
Banned
180 Posts
sounds very similar to the latest addition in colchester on the avenue of remeberance. They are not that visable tbh and we got a little worried when they went up but from what we can gather they are only survaillence cameras ie traffic congestion, Im not 100% sure so be carefull !

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Was travelling down the a130 saturday afternoon luckily i was behaving... going towards basildon just rounded a bend thats on a slight crest then there they were speed trapping people would not of standed a chance you could not see them until it was too late

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mate, i got done a few months back on the A14 coming back from a girlfriends, was caught at 87Mph, must of been say 1.4 mile or so off the A1m slip road onto the 14, ***** were on a bridge just around a huge bend, no way could i of seen them as soon as i had gone around the bend saw them put the brakes on 2 weeks later a nice fat fine, oh the joys, am not surprised by the A130, it had to come sooner or later, hey, and what a road ;)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Oh dear I was going down the A127 on Saturday. I was never speeding it big time but may have touched 90 on occasion. Just trying to think if it was clear of traffic as I approached the mayflower retail park. :confused:

Oh well fingers crossed I'll be OK, if not first ticket in 10 years of driving, probably long overdue.

Having cameras that can get you as you approach and aren't clearly visible is just not playing the game. Gatsos are a piece of p!ss to spot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.