Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any1 know if a bodyshop could repair and repaint large pulled rear arches like these pics back to their original shape or will they never look the same without replacing them ?

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I'm tempted to buy a car that's got them rolled n pulled, I did email my old bodyshop but he wanted to see them first

Good to hear a quality bodyshop should be able fix em tho,

Yea post some pics up of them when u get it back :smthumbup

Cheers :smthumbup

·
acting daft since 1969
19,587 Posts
while its all very doable its nto goig to be cheap youll have to repaint almost 1/2 the car ,never mind the job its self

its possibly better to buy a car with out rolled arches

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tell everyone not to roll their arches but no-one seems to listen, i even have a webpage on the subject;

http://www.evolutionize.co.uk/ct9a-rear-arch-rolling.html

They can be repaired as i had mine done, and once done they can take wide wheels but its alot of heart ache and cost.
Cheers yea I've seen some with the lip just slightly lifted and u can't notice it on the arch but then some of the big rolls almost look like it's had a whack into the rear quarter :blah:

Those repairs look good, can maybe see a little crease in the last pic but hardly noticeable, yea I don't like big wheels anyway so wouldn't have any rolls done by choice :smthumbup

while its all very doable its nto goig to be cheap youll have to repaint almost 1/2 the car ,never mind the job its self

its possibly better to buy a car with out rolled arches
Yea I am fussy, had my last 1 fully resprayed because of too many chips and a bit of faded paint and would prob do the same with the 1 I'm thinking about buying too :handsup:

I fancy a red 9Gt or 9rs tho so I've not got loads to choose from :wallbang:

They do look good with a fresh quality respray tho :lol:

Maybe I should just keep looking for another 1 but all the ones I've been to see in the last 6 months have been abit ropey so don't no if there's any good ones left :wallbang:

Decisions :rolleyes:

Cheers tho guys :smthumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts