Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I thought I would post something about this as I had to total up the money I had spent with Ralliart today. I spoke to the sales bloke I had been dealing with (no names) and ran through the bits I had bought.

I had asked them to fit a HKS dump valve, assuming that HKS did one and asked them whether it was the same thing as the BOV. They said no, so I assumed that was correct. I didn't bother asking the price as I assumed it would be a bit more expensive than a Bailey/forge etc. i.e about a 170 quid.

Also I had read some posts regarding Bailey/forge valves not working V. well on the EVO.

I can't help feeling like I have been ripped off!

I checked the HKS site and they only show a BOV.

Is it the same thing? Am I being thick?

Appreciate your help if poss.

Cheers,

EVO6RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked on Justin's site and he sells the HKS dump valve (or BOV, same thing I believe) for £245 |PLS| VAT |EQU| £287.88. Therefore they have charged you a maximum of £42.12 for fitting, which at their rates is less than 1 hours work. I don't think you have done badly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys,

I guess I was just getting a bit paranoid, having read a few of the posts on here about rip off culture.

EVO6RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evo6RSS

I can understand your paranoia. However, while Ralliart have never been accussed of being cheap, they haven't got a reputation for being rip off merchants. There are some good suppliers around and if you read the postings on this board, I am sure you will soon learn those that are worth dealing with and those who aren't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Appreciate your comments Simon, have been happy with Ralliart so far. good service and nice people.

I guess I just didn't realise how expensive the Japanese tuning bits are.

Cheers,

EVO6RSS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EVO6RS - i know you haven't even got it yet but when you get tired of the close ratio box on the Mway and lack of sound deadening I'll swap you my GSR for it http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Retail (which is shown on my website for various reasons) is £245|PLS|vat;
fitting an SQV is about a 20 minute job, so I would say £330 fitted is a bit pricey,
but certainly not a rip off.

I would have fitted this for free and given you 10% discount, if youd have come
to me youd have paid £259 all inclusive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
horse, bolted and gate shut spring to mind justin..;)

just to set the record straight about forge vta bov...i have one, it took me 5 mins tops to fit and has caused me no problems whatsoever, the threads that u have been reading were by Djack who had some troubles with his. but after contact with him it turns out that he fitted it back to front...der joey...:D they cost 140 of your english pounds and are excellent quality

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
4 the sake of clarity , a dump valve and BOV (blow off valve ) r the same thing.

As far as value 4 money is concerned , just shop around in future , it's all 2 easy 2 get carried away with the dealer buying experience and pay more than u shud.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EVO6RSS u paid about the right amount. If i can remember correctly i paid about £240 for mine about a year ago, regarding ralliart no comment

1 - 17 of 17 Posts