Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Castor adjustment kits available for any of the Evo's, I assume if they are they will be two way adjustable (castor/camber) top mounts? I have seen Camber kits but I can't remember seeing Castor kits.
Just wondered...

Has anyone adjusted the Castor with a kit or other wise? I think it would be a better option than neg camber adjustments especially for the road, please post your comments.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently EVO 7 pillowball mounts will fit an EVO 6, put are ####ed - so that the camber adjust line is diagonal. This allows you to adjust camber with castor. Not brilliant, but better than nothing!

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can get a castor adjustment kit for the 1800 Turbo cars, but this is little more than a bush that alters the front wishbone mounting increassing the castor. This doesn't fit the early Evo's however as I found to my cost.
I fyou want castor adjustment on a newer evo then simply get a set of camber adjustbale top plates and turn them around. As the 3 onwards as 3 mounting holes you can turn the plate around giving you castor adjustment instead of camber.

This won't work on the 1-3 as they have 2 mounting bolts on the top mount.
I agree that increasing the castor would be more beneficial than the camber. Especially on the 1. The 2/3 was increased by Mitsi..

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
TonyC,
Thats a bloody good idea! :idea: Do the holes line up though, I assumed it could only go on one way round? I know the holes look equilaterally spaced but sods law says they aren't. I will have to get the tape measure out.
With three holes that means you can only turn it around by 120° at a time so you will get Castor plus Camber adjustment combined (perhaps that was what Blade spotted, standard adjustable top mount but rotated, Blade what do you reckon?). With Eibach springs I am planning to get that might be handy as lowering the car will naturally increase the static neg Camber, if the top mounts work out right you can reduce static Camber back to normal and increase Castor at the same time, KPI will reduce slightly but whether it will be enough to worry about I don't know.

Have a look at the piccy I knocked up below. You rotate the plate around so the pillowball moves in the direction shown by the arrows. I want it so the it's pointing towards the right hand nut to give the adjustment I want.

What do you reckon, good idea :cool: or crap :cry: ?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Are you talking about how much the wheel is back or forward when looking at the car from the side? If so, then I know of a kit that increases that a lot and gives amazing turn in. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts