Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering as have been browsing many threads old and new and all the pics are corrupt. I know its been said that there are avatar, sig and some thread pics lost but i looks like every one has been.

Massive PITA when looking at thread with tech diagrams and examples. Will this be restoreable?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SUSSEX REIMS said:
Just wondering as have been browsing many threads old and new and all the pics are corrupt. I know its been said that there are avatar, sig and some thread pics lost but i looks like every one has been.

Massive PITA when looking at thread with tech diagrams and examples. Will this be restoreable?
ps. A solution might be to utilise Moses internet cache as i think he has been in every thread in the history of the MLR at one tim ;) :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
SUSSEX REIMS said:

Any answer on this mods?? is it a case that all corrupt piccies will stay corrupt... or do you just need to work through and 'refresh' the bodged ones?

:coolsm:

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
chunky said:
Sorry, life to lead and all that :moon::D

The simple answer is: I don't know. Once SuperAdmin DaveG gets back and assesses the situation we'll know for sure. I'm pretty sure we'll have everything back as before though.
Do you know if the pictures held in the database itself?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chunky said:
Sorry, life to lead and all that :moon::D

The simple answer is: I don't know. Once SuperAdmin DaveG gets back and assesses the situation we'll know for sure. I'm pretty sure we'll have everything back as before though.
No probs, 4got the main man re the running of the website woz on hols.

Will wait and see.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Attachments will be, yes. Obviously hotlinked pics aren't, but then they should still be ok anyway.

I'd put money on being able to import the attachments from a previous known good backup, which will minimise the loss to just those added between the backup date and the crash. Dave's got the final word on what is and isn't feasable though :)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Originally posted by NumptyScrub
> Attachments will be, yes.

Thought they might be. Not the best way to do it, but you live and learn :)

> Obviously hotlinked pics aren't

Yes, Numpty, I'm not an idiot :)

> I'd put money on being able to import the attachments from a
> previous known good backup

I'd have assumed that the site was rolled back to a last-known good backup. If they are held in the DB then, like you say, maybe if Dave digs back deeper he can extract old ones and copy them over the new ones.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Aidy said:
> Obviously hotlinked pics aren't

Yes, Numpty, I'm not an idiot :)
Since you are aware that I am fully aware that you are not an idiot, I was assuming you would also be aware that that was aimed at the more IT-casual reader who was interested in the conversation so far. ;)

ie. sorry if I sounded patronising :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts