Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i have ran an APS cold air intake on my car for a couple of months with no problems.
A few days ago i opened the car up from about 2.5k in 3rd, when i was coming on boost the car seemed to stutter/hold back.
This continued (similar to a missfire, only more like something was blocked than anything) right the way up till about 6k in each gear.

I obvisouly backed off and put the car to bed for the night hoping it was intermitent/down to the colder air or something.

The next day i had the same problem so i changed the plugs, checked the air mass etc. Same problem!

for some reason i then decided to check the intake in case there was a problem with the filter.
My APS looks as though it has been sucking itself shut, but could be opening up again towards the top of the rev range (I.e when the boost starts dropping off).

Is this likely to be the cause of my problems, if so does anyone have a part number to replace this cone or can any similar spec/size cone be used in its place?

Please help!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
sounds like you're having a fuel cut, that happenned to me when i starting changing to non spec parts. first time was when i changed the induction. I changed from the normal air filter to an apexi one and started getting fuel cut. Sometimes called bogging, probably nothing wrong with your filter or plugs just you're in need of a remap. Don't rely on your local mitsi dealer to fix it, phone a few tuners. They won't bull **** you.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evo e said:
sounds like you're having a fuel cut, that happenned to me when i starting changing to non spec parts. first time was when i changed the induction. I changed from the normal air filter to an apexi one and started getting fuel cut. Sometimes called bogging, probably nothing wrong with your filter or plugs just you're in need of a remap. Don't rely on your local mitsi dealer to fix it, phone a few tuners. They won't bull **** you.
Evo e,

thanks for the reply, the car has already been mapped and had the fuel cut/overboost level raised. This is more of an extreme lag situation other than the "hitting a brick wall" sensation that i used to get beofre the map when i had fuel cuts.

Just baffled at the moment, will also be checking fuel pump and filter but unlikely to be these as both are less than 6 months old and only ever use good fuel!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
afraid not - nice and dry :(
Filter itself is nice and clean and doesn't appear to sucking and water in, i put a fine layer of water based paint on the surrounding areas and under normal useage the car didn't appear to attract much water into this area.

The structure of the filter itself is similar to a cereal box after a fat lad has sat on it - all twisted and bent/squashed :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts