Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Have you been through many noise tests to confirm they pass ok ?

And are you running APS (or other) induction that could add to the noise level ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,953 Posts
TCB said:
Thanks

Have you been through many noise tests to confirm they pass ok ?

And are you running APS (or other) induction that could add to the noise level ?
I ran the 3 1/2" exhaust system at Donnington last October and basically was able to keep my foot to the floor throughout the pit straight without pipping the noise meter, and i believe that Donny have a noise reg of 98db.

I'm running HKS induction kit on mine ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Hmm this APS sounds more intriguing by the second, what sort of pricing are we looking at for full APS induction, APS full system (manifold too?) and how does it compare with the HKS induction and drager kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Hmm this APS sounds more intriguing by the second, what sort of pricing are we looking at for full APS induction, APS full system (manifold too?) and how does it compare with the HKS induction and drager kit?
Global,
Some links here:
Clicky

I might go for full exhaust\induction\intercooler\BOV followed by re-map. Not sure if there is a reduction for the full package. Also not sure if I need the intercooler, but intend to go 400\400 at some point.
Don't think APS do a manifold. Presumably can use a different make for this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Thanks for the info Paul, I probably would not use a BOV unless I changed from a MAF sensor to a MAP sensor (mandatory if heading Motec/Autronic) and as for the intercooler would only consider if there is a more efficient one than the std mitsi intercooler which happens to very efficient probably upto 450 bhp.

:)

Cheers for the link

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think the IIIV system will fit a IX ?

The only posible difference I can see would be if the back box exits the rear bumper at a different point - which from the pictures of the IX I don't think it does ???

Will be a shame to have to wait for a IX specific item to be produced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Thanks for the info Paul, I probably would not use a BOV unless I changed from a MAF sensor to a MAP sensor (mandatory if heading Motec/Autronic) and as for the intercooler would only consider if there is a more efficient one than the std mitsi intercooler which happens to very efficient probably upto 450 bhp.

:)

Cheers for the link

Mark
It appears that APS do a manifold, but only for APS turbo.

Clicky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
One more thing. If anyones worried about MOT time with the 3.5" (APS didn't manufacture a cat for this due to expense), WRC hold a stock of std VIII exhausts with cat.
That's if your local MOT station is of the "unfriendly" type.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
One more thing. If anyones worried about MOT time with the 3.5" (APS didn't manufacture a cat for this due to expense), WRC hold a stock of std VIII exhausts with cat.
So u can go down swop your APS for one of their standard systems go off an get your MOT and come back and whack the APS back on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Agreed. Could get the car serviced at the same time. If they don't do the MOT, I'm sure they could liaise with a local MOT centre. The point is, there is a way around it without having to go to the hassle of bribing your local garage!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top