Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had a APEXi super AFC fitted for about a week now and as promised to Dave at DP motorsport I'm doing a review of it.
For any of you who don't know, this device modifies the signal from the airflow meter to the ECU. It is fully programable , and as such you can use it to lean off the fueling when cruising on part throttle, on motorways for example. My car is used mainly for short trips and thus has not benefitted as much as someone who does a lot of motorway miles. However I (well the girlfriend actually)have had about a 10% increase in MPG. This includes driving quite fast on occasions. On Sunday the car averaged 21 MPG and anyone who was there knows how we were driving
(5 E6s an E5,E4 and 2 STis).
The control box looks pretty neat as well with either analogue dials or digital real time read out of Throttle pos. revs. Correction %.
Overall I've got to say that I'm really pleased with it.
Dave at DP was very helpfull and seems to know a lot about EVOs (see revs article also). He set up all th efueling curves when the unit was installed.
I'm also playing about with the fueling above 6k RPM withn the throttle closed to see if increasing it equates to a sort of anti lag. Full s/s system need for flames I think.
For more info see DP's web site www.dpmotorsport.com
I'll post an update when I take the six on along motorway run to see what the mpg return is.
Adrian

·
Registered
625 Posts
Super Airflow meter

Hi Adrian

I am thinking of having one fitted.
Will it affect my reMAP at all, I am weary of fitting it as it could affect the air/fuel setup and I do not like the thought of detonation in the pistons or running lean.

Do you know if it will affect the map
does it have any performance implications better/worse
or is it just to get better MPG.

Sorry for bothering you but no one else knows much about them

how hard are they to fit

Cheers

Dex

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi Craig

Yes an old post, Could not find any other info on the thing
I have heard its more from when your just going door to door and great for MPG... For the price of em I was thinking better throttle response and better MPG.

But no one knows much about em

James has my car at work with him today lol.. He thinks I should let him have it.

Its not fast enough for him though

Dex

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
wow dex talk about digging up a old post lol

i wouldnt bother tbh mate for what gains you get its more for NA boys, better spending money elsewhere tbh
Not just for na boys at all.it will sort out any stalling issues when you fit a vta.
it will also sort out the overfuelling on an evo.
got one here i just took off my wifes starlet gt turbo and it made a big difference to fuel economy. over 50 to the gallon :eek:
needs setting up with a wideband though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts