Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought the APEXi S-AFC for my E4 which only has K and amp;N induction kit |PLS| APEXi N1 catback exhaust w/ decat pipe done up. what's the ideal settings like ie. Hi/Lo Throttle and other common parameters or must it be tuned on a dynojet?! if i leave the Hi/Lo Throttle settings to 0 (since i couldn't find time to dyno my E4 yet), does this means my E4 will run on stock ECU air-flow mapping?! pls confirm if E4-E6 are using Karman air-flow sensor. hope you guyz could advice soonest possible as i'll DIY the installation and wiring this weekend. thanks.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got the Apexi AVC-r and amp; SAFC fitted to my Scoob, I wouldn't recomend DIY setup even if you match someone elses settings (with an evo obviously). Mine was set up useing a stethoscope and has been runnig like a dream on 1.35 bar for 15 months now. The same type of car can be different in many respects so the wrong settings could be extremy detremental to your engine.

Try DP Motorsport 01925 445174 - Warrington They did mine.

Jeremy
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my buddy who owns the same E4 as mine with almost identical mods ie. K and amp;N induction kit, catback exhaust w/ decat pipe, downpipe, had his car dyno-tuned earlier, with both S-AFC and AVC-R (running at 0.9bar:Default mode and 1.2bar:battle mode) installed. now, do you think i could use his S-AFC settings instead tho' i haven't install the AVC-R?! will be doing the dyno-tuning only when i get the AVC-R later but not so soon obviously... still tight on budget now!! :)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just curious...
what if i set the S-AFC Ne1-Ne8 Hi/Lo (in %) values all to 0 ?! does this means my E4 will run on stock ECU air|PLS|fuel settings?! since i've no plan to dyno-tune my car yet, what other parameters that i need to set to mimic stock mode as i don't intend to kill the engine?! hope to hear from you guys asap, thanks.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With your friend having the AVC-R his S-AFC will be set to give more fuel for 75% of the throttle presure settings (if hes had the setup for power not economy). So if you use his settings you will overfuel the car.
Setting a S-AFC in isolation should be done for economy unless you are compensating for Induction kit and mega free flow exhaust and experiencing boost cut, then you can add more fuel as the boost rises to prevent the cut.

The S-AFC on my car is set to give 25 % more fuel than standard for 75% of the time,the other 25% of the time it cuts the fuel by about 23% - basically at less than 13% throttle pedal presure and less than .2 of a bar boost, It is really hard to dive within this setting but at 60-70 mph on the motorway on a level road you can do it. This setting will actually increase your economy by the set percentage - in my case about 23%.

For v8 rangerovers etc the S-AFC could double the economy without any knocking or detremental effects.

Jeremy
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top