Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a manual for one of these gizmos that they could scan in or photocopy for me? A mate has bought a GTiR with one fitted but she only has the Jap manual - not very handy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chunky,
I wrote you a really long message but it didnt end up on the fourm.

Anyway back to your question in the engine section, many people at the r/r session were disappointed with the outcome. However they put the cooling fan to the middle of the car, much use really, and my air intake at the airfilter was 18oC, very high. T
hinks the main porblem is overfueling, but if the air intake was lower would that cut the over fueling, or would it over fuel whatever the temp. Getting are second car as the £90 fuel bill in the week way too much, maybe the over fueling or the heavy right foot.
Look on the Apexi website to down load, may take a while htough.
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Al, ADSL here so the 900-odd Kb was only about 16 seconds :D

I know what you mean about the cooling, I was along on a Scooby day and they were so used to feeding the cool air to the top-mount I/Cs that they did the same on my car. The worst bit was I didn't even think about it until later :(

Talking of intake temps, did you see the chap on the GSR_Evo list who knocked over half a second off his 1/4 mile time jut by fitting a decent (GVR4) intercooler? Quite a difference!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be the next thing to do, waiting for a quote of the offical insurance for the forum, see what that is then take it from there, she may be withdrawn from public highways used just for track days, but then what would be the fun in that:)
I dont think the intercooler we have is at all efficent, thats mitsubishi for you.

Good luck with the instructions.

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts