Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to popular demand :cool:

I am now selling/stocking Apexi parts if anyone is interested.

I have 2 of the induction kits in stock now and ill get a couple of AVCR's in
later this week.

Cant offer huge discounts, but ill knock off a little.

Justin
01233 500384

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Justin, I may be interested in the AVC-R - can you get technical details for me by mail? Want to know how the rpm boost mapping works, what kind of solenoid it has etc - as well as it's actual dimensions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony,

You can download an english language PDF file of the AVC-R's instruction manual. Just do a search on Google for it. Failing that, I can e-mail it to you. Also check out the Apex USA site for some bullet-point information on the unit.

I've had one for a few months now, and while I'm overall happy with it, if I were to do it all again, I would probably go for a Greddy Profec controller. But both the Apex and the Greddy seem to be the best electronic boost controllers on the market right now.

The AVC-R has the fancy blue face display that can plot the boost against RPM and all that. Some people are impressed by it ( ooh! what's THAT do?! ). Personally, I think it makes my car look like it has a taxi fare meter! :D

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Justin, what can you find in the way of Evo 1 suspension parts (aha, challenge).
Evo 2/3 may be different - suspension had revisions

I'm thinking:
Lower front strut brace (connects the bottom arms)
Suspension bushes
Springs/dampers - especially good dampers.
Anti-roll bar upgrades
I already have strut braces/pillow ball mounts and adjustable camber plates.

Ta,
TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony,
My brother has been busy at uni finding what parts he can get for my car (Bloody student)anway cisco seem to do alot which he wants to put on to mine. He also wants to re-build the engine!!!!! Can have my set up as I want to upgrade to cross-overs from Whiteline.

My friends laugh at the Apexi boost controller as my lancer looks like a taxi (1800), but the blue looks good in the car. Would also get the fuel controller as well, but dont think you would need that though blade.

Justin,
Another question for you, do you do a short shift for the Evo 1, and would this fit a 1800.

Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Apexi boost controller does allow different levels of boost at different
revs. You simply go to the desired boost level graph and raise it at desired
RPM levels. You may need to adjust duty cycles too, though it does have a self
learning mode...to be honest , it's a tricky unit to set up and it's been a long
time since ive played with the avcr on my supra. For a clever chap like you,
it'll be easy...ROFL. From what I can gather, I should be able to supply these
units at £395|PLS|vat|PLS|del , how does this compare with RC ????

Suspension - cant do anything for the evo1 im afraid, evo2/3 is a different story....

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
justin,turbo elbows...like the one that comes with the hks frontpipe....
there are many makes of these in japan
do your job !,lets have some !
im sure lots of people would buy these

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok Custard http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Todays project - turbo elbow.

Justin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts