Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above is it worth it? Car will be off road for a while now having work done on it and this is one of the things I'm thinking as it is quite jerky at low speeds and when letting off the throttle.

I also like the idea of mild pops and bangs and mine won't do it with the SAS now gone and the Apexi.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
dont have and SD convertion but the jerky .. like LOW throttle low speed it does not know if to acclerate or decelerate.. the SD should combat this as i have been told..

·
Registered
731 Posts
You can tune that out you know, I have gone back to MAF on my GTO and always had the low throttle surging, spent a few minutes tuning the TPS table in my Emanage Ultimate and it's silky smooth now.

The MAF does funny things at low throttle but you can tune around it (being richer than stoich at very low load helps ;) ).

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
the questions hasnt got a definitive answer, you should really be asking a different question in all honesty, you should be asking. "which is my mapper best at Apexi or SD?

if you asking somebody like [email protected] or lee5 to map you car onto SD it will run absolutely perfect, will NOT be jerkey and they will extract the best from your car. if you ask a tuner who prefers say motec to map your car onto SD it will be no where near as good as the x2 lads above, FACT

your mapper will have a particular ecu that he maps time in and time out and knows inside out, regardless of what that ECU is, buy it and you will reap the rewards

actually there should be a list IMO

GaryATP + Norris - Motec
Lee5 and Evotune - Standard ECU
Gary ATP + Lee5 - Apexi

etc etc...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently don't have a mapper as such, last car was my EP3 that was mapped at torque developments in Thurrock, is anyone close to the essex area that is a wizard with the Apexi then?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
We can re-map Apexi PFC for you..

10 mins from Dartford Bridge..

Give us a call if we can help

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts