Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the green light from CCC which allows some mods to be done without knackering the warranty.

I like the look of the Apexi GT spec stainless system and Super Intake induction kit.

Has anyone got any experience of the above?, comments would be most appreciated.

Any other suggestions HKS, Blitz etc.

I await enlightenment!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BLACK VI

AS I KNOW THAT THE APEXI AIRFILTER IS A OIL CONTAINING FILTER(JUST LIKE K and amp;N, OIL IN THE FILTER TO HELP FILTERATION) BUT THIS OIL IS DAMAGING TO THE SENSOR IN THE AIRFLOW METER. THE BLITZ FILTER IS A DRY FILTER SO IT WON'T DO ANY HARM. I GOT ONE IN MY CAR WITH A RELOCATION KIT AND IT WORKED GREAT FOR 20,000 MILES.

MY FRIEND HAD A HKS HIPER MUFFLER ON HIS SILVER 6 AND IT SOUNDED GREAT AND SEEMS TO PULL ALOT STRONGER AFTER FITTING. I AM USING 5-ZIGEN MAX 304(BOUGHT IN JAPANESE) WHICH I THINK IS THE BEST. THIS SYSTEN DO WITHOUT THE HORRIBLE BEND AROUNG THE REAR DIFF AND COMES WITH A SILENCER BUNG. THIS SYSTEM COMES OUT IN AN ANGLE AND HAVE A FLARED TAIL PIPE.

N88EVO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black VI, is CCC normally ok with these mods as far as warranty goes. I have a Ralliart supplied VI and was wondering about these modifications. Do I need to speak to my dealer or CCC.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same 5Zigen on my E4 and they are VGood. I also had an Apex induction kit but took it off as it got clogged after 8000 miles. I fitted the standard box back on with a Ralliart foam filter and the difference was amazing !!...... Don't rate the Apex induction kits as they suck in to much warm air and clog too quickly

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

Evo_mad, i had a good chat with CCC and am awaiting the confirmation letter which will basically say, exhausts from the cat back, non-oil filled induction systems, strut braces, lowering springs and pipe kits are all ok and will not invalidate the warranty
However, we must steer clear of ecu and boost upgrades, and leave the cat alone.

Will let you know when i get it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts