Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got good or bad tales to tell about this kit ?
anyone got settings they know are ok until i get time to set up on rolling road
is default safe enough ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Apex-i stuff has a good reputation.
Talk to DP Motorsport who use this alot and cud give u some provisional settings , they can also set it up on their rolling road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did'nt work to well on the DP Motorsport GTiR at Powerstation yesterday http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Kevin A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention that Upauto also can probably help with the Apex-i stuff.
The performance of this unit is determined by how it is installed and set up , so if u hear that it hasn't worked well on a particular car this cud be the reason.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got the APEXi S-AFC fitted with the following settings

Lo 19% Hi 47%

Low Throttle Correction
1k RPM 0, 2k -13, 3k -21, 4k -23, 5k -23, 6k -21, 7k 0

Hi throttle correction all 0.

This will give an improvement in fuel consumption, especially on M'ways. Mine's been running these settings for 3 months with no probs at all.
However if you are running more boost ie boost controller then you may want to richen up the Hi throttle correct a bit to give more fuel at the higher boost levels.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Original Post:
I've got the APEXi S-AFC fitted with the following settings

Lo 19% Hi 47%

Low Throttle Correction
1k RPM 0, 2k -13, 3k -21, 4k -23, 5k -23, 6k -21, 7k 0

Hi throttle correction all 0.

This will give an improvement in fuel consumption, especially on M'ways. Mine's been running these settings for 3 months with no probs at all.
However if you are running more boost ie boost controller then you may want to richen up the Hi throttle correct a bit to give more fuel at the higher boost levels.

Adrian
What MPG do you get on the motorway now then ?.....REALISTICALLY......

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jon

Its gone from 23 MPG to 30 MPG on a decent run to Birmingham. 110 miles and less than 1/4 of a tank used accordind to very suspect fuel gauge. But filling up made a calc possible and it worked out at 30 MPG.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

How does the Apexi device work ? Is there any downsides to it ?

Must it be setup using a rolling road ?

Any recommendations on who can supply/fit in the Hampshire area ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not necessary to set up through rolling road.
I purchased my AFC through UPAuto then get it fitted at DP.
DP is the only place I will recommend to get the APEXi stuff fitted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi!

I'm interested about the AFC,but as I live in France the only thing I can do is order it from upauto.
Then I'll have to fit it myself on the evo,here in France I have no chance to find someone with knowledge of this kind of products.(Here they like to fit useless expensive plastic partshttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >)

Is ther english instructions for fitting? Is it useful on a evo that has no big modifications? Any differences in performance?

Thank you for your help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Most of these devices are pretty easy to fit and set up. You sholdn't have any problem as long as you follow the instructions. I have never fitted a S-AFC myself but I have read through the whole instructions, they are avaialble on the apexi-usa site. All it involves is splicing a few wires and cutting one. The instructions show you exactly which wires to splice/cut.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Over fuelling problem is on EVO.
On my rolling road test last time at superchip (LTR rolling road last year), it was shown clearly that my car was over fuelling which the torque drops down realy fast once it hit the peak.
After I fitted the AFC, the driving feels much smoother ,and the fuel consumption is much better.
Then I took back for another rolling road the dyno plot shows the difference..which torque can be maintained properly...
Performance wise just an AFC on its own ,problbly no change on torque figure ,but maybe few bhp gained...
why not have an AFC and a boost controller fitted at the same time?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I HAVE BOTH BOOST/FUEL UNITS ON MY EVO5 CANT RAVE ABOUT THEM ENOUGH DAVE AT DP MOTORSPORT KNOWS HIS STUFF RUNNING 1.2 BAR BOOST WITH EXCELENT FUEL CONSUMPTION U WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK IN ONE YEAR IN SAVINGS PLUS THEY FIT IN YOUR GLOVE BOX AND STILL LOOK COOL WHEN U WANT GO GET EM!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ritchie Rich,

I'd be interested in your boost and fuel settings. I've got an EVO6 with boost / fuel / timing controllers. They were on the car when I got it, but I'm not convinced it's running at it's best. On the higher boost setting, the car surges a lot ad doesn't feel that quick. It actually runs better with it switched off.

I tried to E-mail you direct, but it was returned not delivered.

Thanks Davie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Claudius,

You don't NEED the APEX'i, orany other piggyback computer upgrades when you run a Motec!!! Motec is the best, its just that entry price is WAAY to prohibitive, and the tuning can take forever!!!

Gentlemen, you might also want to try the Apex'i POWER FC ECU upgrade. It costs about 1,300 US, but has all the adjustable features of the AFC (fuel control), AVC-R(boost control) and the ITC (ignition timing control). If you buy all the APEX'ui piggybacks, it will cost more than the POWER FC, which makes the POWER FC a sound investment, Plus, its 16 bit processor, so it drives smoother, and it has a base program which allows you to plug and play instantly. A budget Motec if you will. Drawback though is that it is car specific, not like a Motec which is universal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts