Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve been messing about with my avcr for a bit now and its all going quite well except for third gear, I have boost coming in in all gears at about 3400 rpm (1.2 bar) and in all gears except third it holds all through the rev range, but in third it over boosts at about 5000 rpm then settles out and holds, but sometimes i get fuel cuts.

what the question is how do i control the middle part of the boost curve for third ???

thanks

jase

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Have you set the learn gear?

If so the third gear setting may be way out compared wth the rest in the start duty percentage have a look at that first.

Jez

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
hi jase

what is the effect when in 4th and 5th at 5000rpm on full boost ?

I would sugest looking at removing leargear for 1st and 2nd let them run under peak boost control, drop back your target boost a bit but not your duty %, then increase your start duty for third by one or 2 % this will bring you up onto your boost curve quicker and flatten out the curve a tad, if your start duty is high already then drop back your duty a fraction also to the point of no fuel cuts.

Ash

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not having any problems at all with all the other gears, it is running 1.20kg and 67% duty but on my hks boost gauge it only showing 1 bar when foot full down all the way to 7500rpm except in third it over boosts, then sway up and down then settles about 1 bar.

I have put it onto setting B for the mo with 1.25kg and 67% duty and left everything at 0 to self learn, but it is fuel cutting now and then, but will the avcr learn to self adjust that ???

thanks ash

jase

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Hi Jase

The avcr will not learn to reduce boost to stop fuel cuts as there is no feed back from the ecu into the avcr, the avcr will just try to reach and maintain a target boost.
It's common to have a different reading from a boost gauge to that of the target boost set in the avcr as the 1.20kg is just that a target which is controled via the duty, it sounds like in third the unit is trying to reach this 1.20 where other gears are settled at 1 bar.

The unstable boost in third can be caused by to high a setting in the F/B speed this happend when mapping mine at G-Force knocked the speed down 2 and smoothed the boost.
Do you over boost in 3rd at a certain rpm ?.

PM me your settings and will have a look and compare to other records i have to see if i can help as other wise will go round in circles (been there don that :D ).

Ash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.