Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating getting an AVC-R and I've been looking at the installation guide here and I don't see why the solenoid is connected to the BOV feed rather than using the air feed from just after the turbo (as per the stock system).

Does anyone know why this is done and what drawbacks there would be if the stock feed was used (which appears to be what is shown in the APEXi manual the EVO) ?

Thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
442 Posts
Im about to start installing my avcr, before i go ahead and install as per the guide, can anyone answer the question?

Prit

·
Registered
760 Posts
i have recently fitted an AVC-R to my iv and the instructions tell you to mount the solenoid in between the wastegate feed and the original fitting in the turbo feed pipe. i would suggest following the instructions that come with the item, they are self explanetory and it didnt take me too much time.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mkilpatrick said:
i have recently fitted an AVC-R to my iv and the instructions tell you to mount the solenoid in between the wastegate feed and the original fitting in the turbo feed pipe. i would suggest following the instructions that come with the item, they are self explanetory and it didnt take me too much time.
Thanks for the reply.

Does the car have any problems achieving / holding the desired boost ?

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't as I assume the AVC-R adjust the boost based upon the pressure that it reads from the manifold.

I just find it odd that people would cut a hose and put in a T piece when there is a perfectly good air supply available already.

Cheers,

Simon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts