Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
does anybody know what settings they are running on the Apexi Boost and Fuel controllers.
I know that the fuel(air) contoller should be set up by a tunning company, so that it is set to the individual car. But until I have chance to book it in, I'm after settings that improve on standard performance but it is still reasonably safe to use.
I was told at dragon that you can take the boost up to 1.5 to 1.8 bar but its upto the car how long it lasts!. What does everybody else run, and what mods to you have on your car.
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there,

Do a search on here, as there were a few earlier threads concerning this. I posted my Apex S-AFC settings, though I must say my settings seem a bit odd, as I'm leaned-out significantly high up the rev range-- which seems counter-intuitive. But the set-up was done on a dyno by my tuner with a lambda sensor and all that, and the car runs well with no hint of detonation (233HP to the wheels with stock turbo on 1.1 bar peak boost, less sustained)

Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Road Runner 'if only it was that simple.If Dragon told you you could run 1.5-1.8 bar ,in other words just turn the boost up that is totally irresponsible I just cant believe it.I run the Apexi's plus uprated fuel pump and fuel regulator,the car was set up by RC Developments.I would suggest you contact them as they are the experts in the UK in doing this.For you to run at 1.8 bar you would need to invest in a considerable amount of further tuning,unless of course you have already done this.

Without knowing the current spec of your car it would be wrong to advise you.To set up the fuelling on a Evo if you increase the boost is involved,its not just a question of dialling in someone elses settings,speak to the experts RC ask for Clive there number is 01606 786706.

Good Luck
Barry

PS.If you are running standard ECU you should be able to turn up your boost to 1.2 without fuel cuts,this time of year with the standard fuelling,set your AVC-r with a duty cycle of 60% across the rev range to start with and see what peak boost you achieve,it should be around 1.2 if it is more then turn it down 1% at a time.To test peak boost put the engine under load.At 2500 rpm floor it in fourth and the Apexi will show you the peak,make sure self learn is not enabled,if it is not you should see three stars after the word learn.If you decide to activate the AFC then ring RC.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with Barry. Be very careful if playing yourself. I too got RC to do mine and I've got the HKS head gasket, cams, etc,etc. It peaks at 1.6bar and holds 1.4 without problems, any more and it's risky.
If the rest of your car is standard, the most you would want to take it to is about 1.4-1.5bar peak and make sure it's done by people who know what they are doing ie RC

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts