Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an AP 6 Pot conversion and can report of no warping at all, this was after trying numerous amounts of different discs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have tried AP setup on over 120 miles of ECU mapping. That was going to over 100mph back to around 30mph at least 40 times in a row. The rear Brembos had problems but the front AP's were fine. I will get rear 4 pots soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same setup, but with Carbon Metallic race pads. Running on a track day at Castle Combe, no fade at all. Running at an airfield, with slicks, and the kind of circuit that was stop-start (lots of heavy braking) - it performed excellently. No fade, and the kind of braking that would stop you breathing. Everyone who came for a ride could not believe how good the brakes were - neither could I. Only problem was that the heat generated screwed the discs (these were the drilled ones that come with the standard AP kit). Switching to AP's grooved discs and PE's brake vents solved this. One thing to note was the brake fluid - even the 5.1 that came with AP's will boil on a day like the airfield one. Had to switch to Castrol SRF to avoid that. Note the disc problem will only happen with the pads I am using - and AP don't recommend it. Would never happen with the pads in the road kit. THe noise with my pads is also just about unbearable for road use

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blade

what kind of carbon metallics you using 83, 93, 97 compound

have you tried other brake pads like
pagid
ferodo

can you discribe youre experiance with those

Chuck

what kind of pads are you running?

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My kit is completely standard, cross-drilled discs and standard kit supplied pads and brake fluid. I have done 3000 miles on my discs and not a mark. If you stamp on the brake pedal it almost throws you through the windscreen.
I'm sure that with Blades setup the braking is even better, but I'm really pleased with mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have mounted a ap 6 pot set on my friends car he has no problem at all he came wobbling into my town when he went back with the new ap everything is more than ok

but a track day will give us an honest answer

i have still 2 sets to mount one for me and one for an other friend

i still drive with my brembo setup i have no problems on the street everything is ok with standard discs and standard pads but one trackday and you can start over again so if the trackday comes the ap needs to do the workhttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
advevo,

Bugger, knew someone would ask me that! The answer is I am not sure - all I can remember is that they are the most extreme carbon metallic pads - will find out though and let you know.

Am putting Pagid on the rear - haven't tried anything else on the front.

The braking is truly frightening - particularly with slicks - and absolutely zero fade. I was braking from 120 to 30 and doing it way past the brake marker on the track, and did that for 20 laps without stopping - no problem at all - apart from destroying the front drilled discs through overheating!

The ducts and groove discs fixed that. The only way to make the car stop quicker would be to drive into a wall

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seem to remember everyone was like this - and nobody stocked it. PE took about two weeks to get it. Sometimes people cancel orders, so it is worth ringing round PE, Ralliart etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
call Bob Green at BG developments he stocks them i had them within 2 weeks in holland

www.bgdevelopments.co.uk this company makes the bells and brackets wich are sold in ap kits for AP racing

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They don't check YOURE mail

only guys who use the full potential of ap brakes http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Regards

Andre

Just kidding
we are on the 15th and 16th of september at the ring i hope to see you and claudius with 8 pots there[img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > it think we have almost 5 evo s there already
we sleep at the dorint if possible

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd love to go around a track with everybody etc, but dont you think the ring is to fast a track for an Evo??

They told me the prices for an 8 pot conversion, dont want to talk about it. OK, it's EUR 10,000...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why should the Ring be too fast for an EVO? It's the most insane track in the world. And isn't the EVO an insane car! Hope I can make it again. Could test my porsche disc setup with pagid RS 14 there.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I havent been on the Ring but Michael K said there was a Porsche GT2 620 bhp pulling up behind him or maybe it was you, so it must be a fast track. There are a lot of Porsches there so it must be quite fast, lots of straights or light bends etc. Although some curves are slow I heard...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.