Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
So, are the AP six pots considered unwarpable? Assuming of course that you don't do silly things like standing on the brakes in the pit lane when they are hot etc. This is for an Evo 6 with brake ducting. From my brief perusal of the archives I understand that most disc kits have warped at some point except for the Movits and APs. Somebody managed to warp the CTF discs yes?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Yup, but theres only once person who has, and AFAIK they didnt warp them that bad either.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
The CTF are the better discs that fit with standard caliper. They are the ones that have been warped the less, others like dragon or ap had mor problems.
The ap 6 pot kit will be very good and hard to warp, but I think that any disc can be warped at some time.
Now tarox also do some bigger six pot kits, the look good and the price should be cheaper...
The 330 drilled discs of the 6 pot kit are not good, ask for grooved or buy ap 6 pot with 362mm grooved disc:D!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you can warp AP discs - even grooved...

Yes you can crack AP drilled discs...

Heat is the key... stick to organic pads that allow good feel/modulation. Very hash carbon pads give the ultimate in braking, but destroy discs very quickly. Get ducting on the brakes - that doubles disc life IMHO.

Weight is the other thing - reduce the weight of your car and you will reduce the stress on the brakes, which reduces the heat and extends disc and pad life.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
a friend of mine warped ap 330 x28 mm discs on his evo 6 with pagid 4-2-1 he was warming them up cooling them down and did not stand not on the brakes when standing still.

i saw big brembo discs lying at my brake selller they were huge something like 380mm comming from a race porsche WARPED.

every brakesysteem is warpeable.

I think the best way is to get floating discs ap won t make them for street/track use because there is to much maintance for them

i would like discs hanging in bobbins they are floating just like WRC cars have it.
maybe CTF can make me such bells with bobbins

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
ADVEVO,

I have been speaking to Alcon regarding EVO brake kits, they don't make one at the momment, but are willing to. The basic spec would be a full floating (bobin?) 355mm (The chap I spoke with said he thinks this is the max size they can get under 17in wheels) disc with monobloc 6 pot calipers with dust seals. This as you say is the WRC spec setup (appart from maybe disc size) I expect they would be able to do 365-375mm for the 18in wheels bod's.

I will also ask them about doing a 4pot caliper set up for the back and maybe larger discs.

Price I ain't sure of at the mo. Won't be cheap but will be superior to AP and hopefully un-warpable. They will be a full on, noisey in use at low speeds, etc, etc. Track day boys should luv um though.

Why you may ask I am bothering to do this. I have eaten 2 sets of discs and pads in 3 months. hmmm. It is starting to get expensive, and I am getting chessed off!

I will update when funds and time allow me to start looking at this more closely, If you are interested in progressing this yourself, then I can supply contact details at ALCON.

Cheers,

EVO6RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Keep the path open to alcon

see if you can get a price of this kit.

It must be floating the same way WRC brakes have it with bobbins in the bell.

i am very curious what the cost will be maybe we can make a group buy on LTR and get some discount.

regards

Andre

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
evo6RSS

Maybe you can ask this guy if they can make a 320 x 32 disc with grooves with alu bell floating with bobbins which suits the the standard brembo calipers.

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Andre,

I will speak to them tommorow and update. I expect that the 320 they could do already cause the reason I didn't buy disks from them is cause it was a 4-5 week wait and I need to be in Monaco for the F1 GP. He, he EVO on the mountian stages, should be able to kill another set of disks and pads in no time at all.

I will make sure I get some guide prices as well.

The only snag is the development process, the guy said that I would have to take my car to them and they will measure everything up, then CAD CAM, then manufacture of discs, caplipers etc, etc. Then test.

but it is worth a punt I reckon.

Cheers,

EVO6RSS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts