Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to purchase the kit ap 7040 for my evo9.
calipers code(RHT = CP7040-2S0 / - LHT = CP7040-3S0)
pads code:CP7040D54-APF404
discs code CP4542-139SD , VD-350X32L12BX215,9D54TT

just before i want to be sure the mounting bracket on evo 6 is the same of evo9. Because the seller bought this kit for his ex evo6.
I'm in confusion because AP website they specify your product code for evo 7/8/9

The kit have discs are drilled 356mm ,later will be possible fit on 18"wheels 362mm?
Which aftermarket discs are compatible for this kit?

How is the availability on the market for racing pads as ferodo ds uno, pagid rsl1 /rst1 for this calipers? pad code:CP7040D54-APF404
Ap website say only: Friction Materials Available APF404 / APF405 / DS2500 / DS25HP / DS3000

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK I read more informations on internet and I answer myself:
yes is a kit for evo 7/8/9 but mounting brackets will fit evo6 with 18"
yes will be possible to fit discs 362mm under 18"wheels

But I couldn't find much about pads choice on the market.. who have the same kit know better?
for CP7040D54 pads Ap website say only" Friction Materials Available APF404 / APF405 / DS2500 / DS25HP / DS3000"

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pad choice isn't great for that kit.

Have you considered one of our Alcon kits

http://rosssport.com/Brands/ALCON-BRAKES-COMPONENTS/MITSUBISHI
thank you Gav for your reply,
It's like I was thinking I can get a good deal for this AP kit only because there is not good pads choice ,as new track available pads..or your is just a commercial answer ? :);)
will be great to get a compare of the top pads availability between the two kits of the main brands :rolleyes:
PF/Carbotech/Pagid/ferodo

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
After a quick search I have found Carbon Lorraine, Ferrodo, Carbotech and Pagid available. Pretty decent selection of brands if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
All pad manufacturers do pads for these calipers , one of the best calipers available as they have proper dust seals that fully cover the pistons , only bettered now by the new forged CP9040 AP calipers

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
All pad manufacturers do pads for these calipers , one of the best calipers available as they have proper dust seals that fully cover the pistons , only bettered now by the new forged CP9040 AP calipers
Looking forward to getting my new kit, Ian :D

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
But I couldn't find much about pads choice on the market.. who have the same kit know better?
for CP7040D54 pads Ap website say only" Friction Materials Available APF404 / APF405 / DS2500 / DS25HP / DS3000"
The APF404 pads are rubbish!

Ferodo DS2500s tend to feel a bit wooden, but some people love them as they do work and produce low dust and unlikely to give squeal. Ferodo DS3000 are quite highly regarded for track usage. I've no knowledge/experience of the 405s or 25HPs

·
OEM Parts Guru
3,016 Posts
thank you Gav for your reply,
It's like I was thinking I can get a good deal for this AP kit only because there is not good pads choice ,as new track available pads..or your is just a commercial answer ? :);)
will be great to get a compare of the top pads availability between the two kits of the main brands :rolleyes:
PF/Carbotech/Pagid/ferodo
Well, I am a trader, so its a commercial answer yes. But you want a brake kit and I sell em, and have sold brake kits for Evo's for the past 16 years. Have a look at the pads we stock for the Alcon kits.

Now, others on this thread say there are loads of pads available for this caliper, other than Carbotech, who will do you anything, whenever I have tried to get a decent pad for this caliper, quickly, I've never managed it, and had to have whatever is on the shelf. Now, my idea of a decent pad may differ from others, but still. Its all very well manufacturers listing pad shapes, finding them in stock is another thing.

We have in stock at any one time these for the Alcon caliper, or get quickly

Ferodo DS Performance DS2500 DS300 DSUno
Pagid RS29
PF .01 and .13
Carbotech range
Endless range

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm going to purchase the kit ap 7040 for my evo9.
calipers code(RHT = CP7040-2S0 / - LHT = CP7040-3S0)
pads code:CP7040D54-APF404
discs code CP4542-139SD , VD-350X32L12BX215,9D54TT

just before i want to be sure the mounting bracket on evo 6 is the same of evo9. Because the seller bought this kit for his ex evo6.
I'm in confusion because AP website they specify your product code for evo 7/8/9

The kit have discs are drilled 356mm ,later will be possible fit on 18"wheels 362mm?

How is the availability on the market for racing pads as ferodo ds uno, pagid rsl1 /rst1 for this calipers? pad code:CP7040D54-APF404
Ap website say only: Friction Materials Available APF404 / APF405 / DS2500 / DS25HP / DS3000

Thank you!
Good morning Devilmaz!

Performance Friction (PFC) have pads available for this caliper in a couple of different compounds. The pad shape is our 7869 as a reference for you. We have the pads in 15 compound and 08 compound. The 15 compound is a high bite pad, but has quite good wear characteristics at higher temps, while the 08 has good cold bite but lower overall friction than the 15. Depending on what you want to use it for, if you give us a call we can advise you better. Both available from stock.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The APF404 pads are rubbish!

Ferodo DS2500s tend to feel a bit wooden, but some people love them as they do work and produce low dust and unlikely to give squeal. Ferodo DS3000 are quite highly regarded for track usage. I've no knowledge/experience of the 405s or 25HPs
thank you for your feedback.In base of what they are rubbish?
they are not ds2500 but the should be like them as AP website say.
Did you track with them?
I can use them sacrificing a strong bite, important they wont burn after few turns in track.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
May I briefly highjack this thread :)

Do any traders know where I could find an AP caliper CP5148-4S0M (That might be 4SOM ?)

Ta Grant :)

PS AP don't have anything

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
I dont think you can fit a larger 362mm disc to this kit. The caliper position will be wrong.

You will need to stay with 356mm only.

Stevie

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
They make 2 kits using the 7040 caliper.

CP7040-1008 (362mm)
CP7040-1009 (355mm)

The larger kit will have different caliper mounting brackets to position the caliper further out to accomodate the larger discs.

Stevie

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
It maybe possible to use the calipers/bracket for the 355mm kit with larger disc but as Stevie says above the caliper will need repositioning to suit, so either some spacers and longer bolts or new brackets to move caliper out into correct position, also there are a few swept pad/disc depth options on these kits as discussed so need to make sure that is correct also.

Personally i would stick with the 355mm disc if that what kit comes with and was designed for its plenty big enough with right pads, moving to 362mm disc will only give very slight improvement in brake torque and thermal capacity and involve sorting the brackets/spacers etc, also larger disc is heavier so more rotational mass which is never a good thing.

Ian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts