Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of AP 6 pots arriving tommorrow and need to fit them tommorrow night. Is there anything difficult or aukward when fitting them as I need them for Goodwood on Saturday and don't want to get stuck half way!!!
TIA
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I spoke to the guys at DP Motorsport on this very subject a couple of weeks ago.

I've done 'normal' disks and pads on my EVO6 and they were simple: pads - just tap the pins out, and make sure you put *both* squeal shims back in (the right way up!) and maybe use a bit of copperslip grease; disks - just simply take the two bolts out of the caliper and they just pull off.

AP seem to be different though. DP say the kit comes with 'shims' and you have to mess around with them to get the disks centred with the caliper. They say they do this once, then take the car out for a roadtest, then pull it all apart again and recheck/readjust the shims. They also said to bleed the outide of the caliper first, then the inside (calipers have two bleed nipples each).

Not sure if the above is bull? If it is, I'm sure someone will reply! :) It's just what I was told, so hope it helps.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, but I fitted them Friday and did Goodwood yesterday.
Yes the shim part is the hard part otherwise it's all plain sailing as long as you've got an 8 and amp; 10mm allen key.
Now got awsome brakes
Cheers anyway
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts