Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

What is best, I know the FQ 400 runs ALCON and many of the Evo VI's have had the BREMBO's junked for the AP 6 Pots, with a few going for STOPTECH's solution. But what is the solution that is the best value and quality??? Tough question but I just want to get a feel for everyones opinions, come on post a reply and lets get the debate going.

Are there some other solutions that have proven popular and successful?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
22,090 Posts
people will laugh at this, but i am happy with the Brembos, Even though I get the dreaded judder, 1 high speed emergency stop every few weeks always cures it.

I have always driven cars with 'not the best' brakes, eg Pulsar, and an 1982 Porsche 911 turbo, so maybe I am just used to poor brakes.

I also never track the car, and find regular brake fluid changes helps the standard brakes, and goodridge brake lines i have just fitted helped as well.

I just said the above as sometimes people dont bother replying to threads that have been discussed heavily

Stu

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, done the pad upgrades. But as we all know the discs are the weak link. I know I am hard on the brakes but I am no track day demon. As for brake fluid changes I do them regularly with the highest quality fluids available. Seems I am going to have to bite the bullit and buy a 6 Pot upgrade..........can feel the credit card getting bashed! Does anyone know where I can purchase the ALCON kit from and for how much???

Cheers

·
Registered
353 Posts
...there is another option, much cheaper than 6 pot upgrades as well. Take a look at the thread referring to Performance Friction discs, there seems to be a number of us now that have fitted these discs and reported no problems of vibration. Plus they look well trick! :coolsm:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Sytner said:
Are there some other solutions that have proven popular and successful?
Movit works for me. But for most mere mortals any decent set up from AP/alcon/Stoptech/Movit will be good enough, especially if you don't do trackdays :)

I'd pick the one with the nicest colour callipers if I were you ;)

Steve.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Steve

Top advice, colour is king.

I got my ap's in black with yellow detailing. Set my black 7 off a treat aswell as detaching my retinas when I pressed the middle pedal.

PS I have a set of 6pot AP's with discs & pads 4 sale. PM me if interested. They have covered only 4k miles

James

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
What's it for???? Trackdays a bit of both or just road use,

My brother just got his discs skimmed and has had some EBC red stuff pads fitted all round,

it squeals like a pig on acid, but it stops, the problem is they do need bedding in and they have to be warmed up before aggressive use, but for the odd track day and fast road use it's a great alternative to a whole new break setup :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts