Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some advice on getting the 6 pot ap racing capliers and disk's fitted correctly.

What is the best way to gauge if the disk is in the center of the caliper? don't think going by eye is the best way :(

Just having a bash at fitting these myself if all fails then im off to see the man who knows at CPP.

cheers
Mark

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
they dont have to be in the centre to the nearest thou , as the pistons will centralise themselves as you pump them out , as long as they look good to the eye , and there is no metal to metal contact they will be right

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If things are not very central, use the shims that come with the kit. If you have a second hand set with no shims around 2mm out of line is ok.

If you need some shims I can probably sort some out for you on Tuesday. email or PM if you are stuck :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys, have fitted them and they look central. Will test them at snett on firday and adjust if they don't feel right.

Will need some shims if i do make any adjustments so if you know where i can get some or have any available that would be great.

cheers
mark

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Blue_Evo_6_GSR said:
cheers guys, have fitted them and they look central. Will test them at snett on firday and adjust if they don't feel right.
cheers
mark
Think I would test em before snett if i was you :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wish i could but car aint taxed or insured and is on slicks. Testing on the road aint a good idea.

Dont take long to adjust them, ive had them off and on that many times today i think i could set a world record for the shortest time to change brakes on an evo :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts