Lancer Register Forum banner

ap 362 not happy with them

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Uncle Winnet 
#1 ·
well did my 1st track day and id heard these are the best breaks you can get so was looking forward to seeing how good they was going to be after a few laps and they was starting to feel like thery was warped. not all that inpressd feel good on the 1st few laps but after that it just feels like thery are warped.

some one said they could be fitted the wrong way round

thanks john

See less See more
#3 ·
rc developments but that was in 2003 so could of had new disc since then or may be been off and put back on wrong will have to take them off and have a good look over them make sure ever thing is ok is it ok to have the disc skemd to make sure they are not warped

john

#8 ·
I am sure the DS2500 are not to blame with this set up . The DS2500 are very stable @ track temps . I think it maybe just a bleeding issue. Many people get this sensation and feel the lack of bite . The thing is here altho the feel went !! did the brakes feel differant but still perform the same ??? or did they fade???

#9 · (Edited)
PM thetyrant and he will sort you out for front and rear pads.
With the DS2500's i would get some judder after a few laps and would have to ease off but with the carbotechs i have no problems however hard i push them. Tyres are now the limit ;)

Worth getting some fresh dot5 fluid in there also. Wayne at Arnside is a good source for that

#11 ·
evo400 said:
I am sure the DS2500 are not to blame with this set up . The DS2500 are very stable @ track temps . I think it maybe just a bleeding issue. Many people get this sensation and feel the lack of bite . The thing is here altho the feel went !! did the brakes feel differant but still perform the same ??? or did they fade???
didnt fade just the judder was geting wors the longer i stayed out

john

#15 ·
Uncle Winnet said:
just had a look at my invoices and cant seem to find any for any pads after rc fitted them in 2003 says they fitted mintex pads cant see them being the same ones will have to take the wheels off and have a look why what pads should i fit

john
What calipers do you have and i can check to see if we have a pad ready for them, we are currently working on sorting pads for all the AP range but it takes time to get all models covered, especially once you see how many variatons there are just in the Evo kit range!.

Cheers
Ian

#16 ·
Tyrant, do you supply pads for the standard Brembo calliper on the E6? Front and rear and how much please??

Matt

#18 ·
thetyrant said:
What calipers do you have and i can check to see if we have a pad ready for them, we are currently working on sorting pads for all the AP range but it takes time to get all models covered, especially once you see how many variatons there are just in the Evo kit range!.

Cheers
Ian
will pe checking them at the weekend

john

#23 ·
evo400 said:
A read of the latest wastegate chatter will show the Ds2500 pass any test compared with the carbotech units .

Well written . a good read and full of real data not just asumptions and seat of the pants stuff .

Dave
:confused: did you not read the whole article then Dave ? :)

To be fair I was a little dissapointed with only just beating the Ap/ds2500's and Alcon setups on the average stopping time during the 100-10mph deceleration tests, but beat them we did even with the minimal bed in time onto contaminated rotors :) im sure a few more session on the car and a proper cool down to allow the heat treatment/curing process to be complete would give even better results. However more important to me are the comments like...

"He immediately reported an improved initial bite even during the bedding in laps and he was already more confident on the brakes" :)

also...

"the Carbotechs performed from cold and gave great pedal modulation" :)

All in all we are pretty happy with the results considering the conditions etc, now we are awaiting the data and feedback from AP Racing when they test the pads we have supplied them for there datalogging M5 :)

Cheers
Ian

Attachments

#24 ·
All in all we are pretty happy with the results considering the conditions etc, now we are awaiting the data and feedback from AP Racing when they test the pads we have supplied them for there datalogging M5

Ian,
I will let you know how we get on.

Uncle Winnet,
Have you spoken to anyone at AP Racing about all this ?

Jez

#25 ·
123456 said:
All in all we are pretty happy with the results considering the conditions etc, now we are awaiting the data and feedback from AP Racing when they test the pads we have supplied them for there datalogging M5

Ian,
I will let you know how we get on.

Uncle Winnet,
Have you spoken to anyone at AP Racing about all this ?

Jez
Thanks Jez, and thanks again for your help on the pad/caliper combos used on the various Evo kits :)

Cheers
Ian

#26 ·
Pad combination

I would be very surprised if you've managed to warp the rotors. Properly aligned, correctly bed in rotors with the correct pad application should not result in warped rotors. Cast Iron can withstand extremely high temps. During the Project IX brake test we worked the brakes far harder than it would ever be possible to on track, achieving rotor temps in excess of 600 degrees C. Both the AP Racing and Alcon rotors performed impeccably.

I believe it's more likely to be a pad deposit issue, causing a judder sensation when braking. If you can't clean the face of the rotor, either with some heavy braking (once the brakes are up to operating temps) or by cleaning the rotor surface, I'd replace the pads. This is where you have the choice, and correct pad selection for your application is very important and can further improve the fantastic stopping power of a good quality 6 pot kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.