Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well did my 1st track day and id heard these are the best breaks you can get so was looking forward to seeing how good they was going to be after a few laps and they was starting to feel like thery was warped. not all that inpressd feel good on the 1st few laps but after that it just feels like thery are warped.

some one said they could be fitted the wrong way round

thanks john

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rc developments but that was in 2003 so could of had new disc since then or may be been off and put back on wrong will have to take them off and have a good look over them make sure ever thing is ok is it ok to have the disc skemd to make sure they are not warped

john

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just had a look at my invoices and cant seem to find any for any pads after rc fitted them in 2003 says they fitted mintex pads cant see them being the same ones will have to take the wheels off and have a look why what pads should i fit

john

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
I am sure the DS2500 are not to blame with this set up . The DS2500 are very stable @ track temps . I think it maybe just a bleeding issue. Many people get this sensation and feel the lack of bite . The thing is here altho the feel went !! did the brakes feel differant but still perform the same ??? or did they fade???

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
PM thetyrant and he will sort you out for front and rear pads.
With the DS2500's i would get some judder after a few laps and would have to ease off but with the carbotechs i have no problems however hard i push them. Tyres are now the limit ;)

Worth getting some fresh dot5 fluid in there also. Wayne at Arnside is a good source for that

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
evo400 said:
I am sure the DS2500 are not to blame with this set up . The DS2500 are very stable @ track temps . I think it maybe just a bleeding issue. Many people get this sensation and feel the lack of bite . The thing is here altho the feel went !! did the brakes feel differant but still perform the same ??? or did they fade???
didnt fade just the judder was geting wors the longer i stayed out

john

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Uncle Winnet said:
thanks rick will try them what size ap are you runing

john
Ive got the 330mm 4 pots with drilled disks. Just looked at the pic above and im pretty sure the disk looks like its the wrong way round. Have a look on the ap web site, you can download fitting instructions.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I have the 355mm disc 6pot setup on mine, on the bigger disc kits the grooves on the braking surface flow backwards whereas on the 330 mm kit they are the reverse of that , so it would appear that they are on back to front.

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Uncle Winnet said:
just had a look at my invoices and cant seem to find any for any pads after rc fitted them in 2003 says they fitted mintex pads cant see them being the same ones will have to take the wheels off and have a look why what pads should i fit

john
What calipers do you have and i can check to see if we have a pad ready for them, we are currently working on sorting pads for all the AP range but it takes time to get all models covered, especially once you see how many variatons there are just in the Evo kit range!.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
870 Posts
Tyrant, do you supply pads for the standard Brembo calliper on the E6? Front and rear and how much please??

Matt

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
trackmaxi said:
Tyrant, do you supply pads for the standard Brembo calliper on the E6? Front and rear and how much please??

Matt
Hi Matt,
Yes we do pads for all the Evo range, you have PM :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thetyrant said:
What calipers do you have and i can check to see if we have a pad ready for them, we are currently working on sorting pads for all the AP range but it takes time to get all models covered, especially once you see how many variatons there are just in the Evo kit range!.

Cheers
Ian
will pe checking them at the weekend

john

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
right the disc are on the right way so im going to get some new pads and have the disc faced up to make sure they are not warped

hope this sorts it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts