Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My AOL contract is about to finish, are there any decent deals around atm?
I dont mind staying with or leaving AOL.

BTW if I leave AOL will I still be able to use my AOL e-mail addresses?
Thanks all

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Hi
look for the best deal you can find then phone AOL and ask for a pac/mac can't remember which it is.... one is for the phone one is for internet.
They will ask why you are leaving... say they are too expesive and i gaurantee they will slash the price of your current deal;)
worked for me:)
I was paying £19.99 per month for 2gb I know pay £7.99 for 8gb :smthumbup
Hope this helps

Keith

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you leave AOL you cannot access you AOL email address.

Buy a domain name as they are very cheap, it is linked to you rather than your isp. Means you can change without having to worry about informing everyone about change of email address, have a look at 1and1.

It is mac code, pac is for your phone

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Yeah. I'm on o2 broadband and get my 8meg connection for £9 something a month being a mobile customer.

Free wireless box too. Can't fault their service...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
If you leave AOL you cannot access you AOL email address.

Buy a domain name as they are very cheap, it is linked to you rather than your isp. Means you can change without having to worry about informing everyone about change of email address, have a look at 1and1.

It is mac code, pac is for your phone
Not true, go to aol.co.uk and you can sign in to your email even if you no longer use aol as your isp. I left them 5 years ago and can still sign in to my email.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not true, go to aol.co.uk and you can sign in to your email even if you no longer use aol as your isp. I left them 5 years ago and can still sign in to my email.
They must have changed this as when I left them I had no access to any of the AOL emails

That was the reason why I bought the domain name so I could easily move isp

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've just been on the phone to AOL and they have just offered me this deal,

The best offer they can do for me is,

Platinum 1:

- Broadband with a speed of up to 8mg with 10g usage allowance (40g Fair Usage Policy)
- Line Rental Included
- Free wireless router (Netgear)
- Evening and weekend calls to local and national numbers
- Free access to call our customer support and technical support helpline
- Cheaper rates to call international and mobile numbers
- Free voicemail, with-hold CLI & last caller CLI.
- No bill from BT or Tesco
- 18 month contract would apply after cooling off period
- Your phone number would stay the same, and we would arrange everthing for you.

And I will arrange to give you the first month completely free.

All for just £20.49 per month.

What do you reckon:?
Good or bad deal:?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I've just been on the phone to AOL and they have just offered me this deal,

The best offer they can do for me is,

Platinum 1:

- Broadband with a speed of up to 8mg with 10g usage allowance (40g Fair Usage Policy)
- Line Rental Included
- Free wireless router (Netgear)
- Evening and weekend calls to local and national numbers
- Free access to call our customer support and technical support helpline
- Cheaper rates to call international and mobile numbers
- Free voicemail, with-hold CLI & last caller CLI.
- No bill from BT or Tesco
- 18 month contract would apply after cooling off period
- Your phone number would stay the same, and we would arrange everthing for you.

And I will arrange to give you the first month completely free.

All for just £20.49 per month.

What do you reckon:?
Good or bad deal:?
Hmmmmm:eek:

thats what i get for £15 a month, including paying the BT line, and i get 600 mins with the mobile that i dont even hardly use in a month, never mind picking up the house phone to yak!! the thumbs do the talking lol...:smthumbup

·
Registered
642 Posts
sorry to hijack thread but i going to move house soon and change to o2 b-band,is it any good (i will prob go mid package 10mb i think)

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
I had that with pipex Chris ,I phoned them up and said I was fed up with paying £30 for internet and phone and guess what i am only paying £9.99 with free evening and weekend calls now ............thay are still crap but so are most of them:mhihi:Funny thing is they will not tell you first you have to ask which really jacks me off :wallbang:.............steve:D

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
sorry to hijack thread but i going to move house soon and change to o2 b-band,is it any good (i will prob go mid package 10mb i think)
i've no personal experience with o2 but they are rated as one of the best isp's for customer service, also if you have a mobile phone contract with them they will knock off £5 from your monthly broadband charge.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I'm having a bit of bother with my o2 connection today.

Supposed to be "up to 8meg". Various broadband speed test sites have confirmed it's running an average of 456kbps today.

I realise Sunday is a peak day for usage but 456kbps is ridiculous.

I'm trying to watch the Arsenal match but it's a complete waste of time.

I called o2 and they say it's a nationwide problem at the minute and that a connection upgrade is expected in 4-6 weeks for all isps. Is this true or a bulls*it excuse to get me off the phone?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I'm having a bit of bother with my o2 connection today.

Supposed to be "up to 8meg". Various broadband speed test sites have confirmed it's running an average of 456kbps today.

I realise Sunday is a peak day for usage but 456kbps is ridiculous.

I'm trying to watch the Arsenal match but it's a complete waste of time.

I called o2 and they say it's a nationwide problem at the minute and that a connection upgrade is expected in 4-6 weeks for all isps. Is this true or a bulls*it excuse to get me off the phone?
if you post a link to who you used to test your connection speed i'll check mine to see how it compares, mines up to 8 meg so should be a good comparison

1 - 20 of 28 Posts