Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Very close to getting one last month, just thought the rawness was too much and to be honest thought a kit car ie. Caterham or Westie would be better value for money. Megabusa for the same money would give u way more :D :D :D per pound!

ps. was only the s1 i looked at the s2 has a few more creature comfortsd but i mean 30k+ for a stripped out elise.. :crackup: SPecially when u can pik up an early Noble GTO fro round the 30k mark pirvately now too.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Richie Russ said:
If you want something like this, surely you are better off with a VX220 turbo, or even the VXR ?

Just my thoughts ;)
Go easy on him, he's new ...only 23 posts ! :eek: ;) :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Haven't tried the S2 Exige but main issue for me on S1 was getting in and out of the bloomin thing (6'1") which resulted in cricked neck several times, also seat is lacking comfort for day to day driving. If you can put up with those inconveniences though, they are great cars and relatively economical to run.

That said, M12 is comfier and faster:) but not economical to run:(!!

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
my mate ally, aka voltaire here an old mlr member with julians ex extreme s evo 7

he had the above, a lotus exige and a gt3 porker :D i wish i had his money

i went in it mate, ******* awesome we raced each other for an hr and back from glasgow to knockhill and back :D i luv his car but mines was faster, the take off is faster in a lotus exige i only had no more than 300 bhp at the time but after the take off mines was faster and his handling was very good as the evo as well

problem was he is small and can fit in it easily, **** it was hard for me to get out im alot taller than him :D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
mike_turbo said:
a vauxhall? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Aka Opel, aka Holden, aka Chevrolet (part of the General Motors group of companies).

I'd buy a Corvette, dunno about you Mike, and the VX220 is basically an Elise anyway :p

Edit: leeching images off Pistonheads are we :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guys guys... you may think its narrow minded but believe me i will never get a vauxhall again...nothing can change the fact that they are shoddily made rubbish

anyway, i cannot stand the way a vx220 looks, i dont like a normal elise even, just saw an exige yesterday and thought i want one!!

yeh pinching images off pistonheads, you all know what an exige looks like :D

obviously id much rather a noble, but i aint got 30k

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
there's a nice blonde girly that drives one around here....
it's a dark platinum/grey one....looks & sounds good

but being tall Mike...think you'll find it too cramped & hot.....

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
mike_turbo said:
im 6ft, do you reckon it would be a tight fit?
well, I can only ask that blonde...but she hardly knows you + I don't think your her type .....

re: car
you'd get in and out ok....but may not be comfortable after a while
- a mate who's 6'4" has an s1 elise, but he tends to have the roof off most of the time... for obvious reasons

try & get a long test drive....as your the one that'll have to live with it

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Trust me, get the Vauxhall :D :D you know you wanna, better still, arrange a test drive in both, if you come back saying the lotus was better, i'll eat my left foot.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well id never have the vauxhall i dont like the way it looks, same reason id never have an evo 8!

thanks for the input guys ;)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
mike i had a look at a s2 only a month ago im 6ft and it was tight but not a problem, i had a ganda over on there forum the s2 seems to be a much better built car but you have to rev the tits of them to get them going. the sales lad seen me come in my evo and said i would not be disapointed with it. the cars keep there value aswell there 29k ish new and 2001 car are selling for 22-23k not bad. think its gonna be my next.

PhilG

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Might sound silly to some but why not check out the S2000, it would be a slight compromise but you'll get to rev to 9000rpm and have all the creature comforts too

I beleive the tests have been done time and time again and the S2k wins as the most complete car

:)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Was taken round donnington park in an s1 exige, phenominal experience but it felt like the car needed more power which i think the s2 has and i'd love a run in one of those. My brother has just sold his s2 elise after 3 years ownership and no problems whatsoever (didn't even leak).
You could buy the (Lotus) VX220 but it's like buying a diesel rather than a petrol - wrong!!!
My mates S2000 was terrible on track, but it was the phase 1 and I think/hope the're a bit better now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts