Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having a bit of a problem at the moment. Don't want to think someone's pulling a fast one but stopped replying to messages.

Basically sold my car with my reg on, wasn't aware rules had changed and could no longer drop into local dvla office and just change it over. Had took a deposit on a car and didn't want to mess someone around. Spoke with him and explained seemed ok, said we could sort it. Carried on being in contact. I know he works away but gets his what's ap messages and can see he has read them. Sent away v5 and mot to change it on to car, sent the 80 quid for transfer.

Month passed and he's said he's got a docs back for car, yet I have none. Also said he had to put my reg on retention as couldn't transfer it. Said he would ring dvla but heard nothing. So I've rang dvla said they have no record of anyone even contacting them about the evo or reg So I'm stuck with what to do. The reg has massive amounts of sentimental value. I know should of transferred it over but just wasn't time before abd didn't want to mess seller around I was also due to go away with work for two months so couldn't of done a deal till I got back. Not saying I have been ripped off so to speak but heard nothing for 5 days. Seems not quite right, and I don't know what I can do. If I can't get reg Il be devastated. Any one know him to ask what a going on?? Whatsap has now been deleted looks like and no answer when ringing, also barred from sending fb messages

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Did dvla confirm its still on your old car?
Lad could be genuine and it's in process.......there's some right muppets in dvla :thumbup:

Was the plate worth a few quid elsewhere or just your initials :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried it mate and just nothing happens. I know dvla are slow but said received nothing. Hence why I put it on here. Its just initials, but it's who bought it is the sentimental thing. I just wanted to know what was going on. Spoke to Nick now so should be sorted. Wasn't saying he has done a fast one

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Said he was back on 21st. Plus I know he can chat when offshore as he managed to buy car when offshore. Like said don't think he's being sly or anything. Just can't seem to get a reply from him. Says message has been opened and read.

·
Registered
62 Posts
He has a very bad reputation for letting people down and being bad with money.

He owed me £200 for nearly a year. After changing his mind on selling a car to me.. Then didn't pay me my deposit money back because he was skint! Was a real effort to get it back off him eventually.
He has a reputation locally for ripping people off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well that's not what you want to see. Still no contact 2 weeks after he said would be in post. No answer to what's ap or calls, and now a message saying car still has my reg on despite Nick saying it's off the car and he has retention certificate at his house.

And he's been online today but not saying anything

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
did you not write up an agreement when you sold the car? or is it a verbal contract in regards to the retention of the plate?
If you sent the documentation away with your £80 the retention certificate should be back with you:confused: He should have received the log book back with the old plate on.

Sounds iffy to me

·
Registered
363 Posts
Me and a lad did the same thing with our evos few weeks back, we both filled in the v5 and the forum to swap plates sent all the documents including mot of together with the money week later came back with my plates registered on my car all correct.

Also I wrote up an agreement which we both signed i do this on all car sales now so that you have something to back you up if you have to take it further.

Have you got any paper work back at all? takes two weeks max or 10 working days.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got nothing back. He's said he's got everything back at his and just needs to send, stated the dvla messed up and instead of transfer they put on retention. Was a verbal agreement. All well and good saying knock on door, and saying sounds childish about phone calls and emails but working away a lot not as easy as that. But I do have his address if I need to go down that route. I have all text messages from him saying what's going on and Whats been done. Obviously all seems lies now as I've got a message saying it's still rocking my plate. We both work away but its no excuse now. Seems clearly lied about it, saying paper work sent. Then saying dvla messed up, then saying it's all sorted and will be posted, yet then told its still on the car.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Should have just sold me the car back then.......but did you not realise you can do a car sale and plate retention at the same time? I did this when i sold my DC5 last year, all you do is ask the new owner to sign the plate as nominee to yourself.

Hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
U offered 1k less! No I didn't realise at the Time., hadn't had the plate long. Yeah learning lessons in life and my own fault in a way. But had verbal agreement and thought could trust. So far had nothing but lies it seems

·
Registered
721 Posts
U offered 1k less! No I didn't realise at the Time., hadn't had the plate long. Yeah learning lessons in life and my own fault in a way. But had verbal agreement and thought could trust. So far had nothing but lies it seems
Not quite sure why he would keep the plate if it had no value to him though. Hope you get it sorted.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts