Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, all

As title suggests!
Unfortunately Gaz is fully booked up, this year, so i was recommended AutoTorque to undertake my restoration.
Iv seen their youtube videos and looked on their site.
The cars they have done look like a thorough job has been done on them.
Its just that i find speaking to people who have had the work done is better, so i can see if they were happy with the work carried out and if they would recommend them.
I appreciate some people would rather keep their experiences private, normally if they are bad ones, so PM me if you prefer!
Any help would be greatly appreciated as its not only an expensive undertaking, but something that you want to be confident its going to last.

Edited to add......are there any guys in Scotland who do this work to a high standard, as i never see or hear about them?
Chris

·
Registered
EVO 9 FQ-360
395 Posts
Appreciating classics have a 12-15 month wait I believe.

have a look at Evotunes Facebook page, Jamie’s done a few and to a high standard. There’s Also bespoke classics in Thirsk in Yorkshire who has done quite a few, he is a fellow owner (Adam iirc) and looks like to a good standard

Reactions: Christopher

·
Registered
EVO 9 FQ-360
395 Posts

·
Registered
EVO 9 FQ-360
395 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Stu

Appreciate your input, mate.(y)
Its such a minefield out there and, like i said, its an expensive job to get done and i don't want to get stiffed on pricing or the quality of the work undertaken.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, guys, Gaz is ridiculously busy and I'm waiting for a quote from AutoTorque.
Its not like the car is not rotting away, so im going to consider every option.
I just get impatient to get things done, but in this respect I'm just going to have to be more patient!

·
Registered
EVO 9 FQ-360
395 Posts
GTR Heritage Centre doing mine at the moment, Long waiting list but work is exceptional. If you go on their website its all there.
Dave ripped people off back in the day when he was the GTR shop (incl myself) selling duff and fake parts and then branched out into working on cars rather than breaking them. Not had anything to do with him myself in years although know some who have with mixed results. He talks a good game with little substance (my opinion only)

·
Premium Member
Mini cooper 2004
202 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback, guys, Gaz is ridiculously busy and I'm waiting for a quote from AutoTorque.
Its not like the car is not rotting away, so im going to consider every option.
I just get impatient to get things done, but in this respect I'm just going to have to be more patient!
Do it right first time cost less and his work is beyond anything I have seen just my humble opinion..just wait on cpp if you can. There are others but I can't comment on hear say or photos only what I know personally. 😉

·
Registered
EVO 9 FQ-360
395 Posts

cracking job on this one mate. This place does look good

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, it seems to be a bit of a minefield out there, regarding this subject!
Gaz cant even give me a date, hes that busy!
3 years….possibly, and i don't want to wait that long.A lot of things can happen in 3 years and small bits of surface rust become something else!
Like I said, anyone who doesn't feel comfortable telling me of their experiences publicly, feel free to PM.
I wont publicise it, as im not interested in anything other than getting the best work , at a price thats fair.
I know Gaz is commonly regarded as the best, but its looking unlikely that i will get it done there, purely because of the time constraints and nothing else.
Thanks for all your replies(y)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts