Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to change our exhaust system on our E8 to a full 3" system :smthumbup
I was hoping a few of you would be able to help out with some noise clips + comments ;)
We have two children so don't want an exhaust that is gonna be too loud during normal driving but there again on tick over it would be nice to have a decent hum. We are currently running an HKS system.
Cheers for any guidance :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Iv been advise from various taders and members to go for a custom made one :) ask around and see whos reccomended near you.
By getting a custom one youll get one made just how you want it! Sound, style, size etc and usualy for the same price if not cheeper than manufactured aftermarket ones :) theyll also fit it while you wait and you usualy get some sort of warrenty to :)
This is what im doing to mine next month, for a full turbo back system including elbow its costing my 700gbp all in, fitted and everything which is an awesome price :)
There are however alot of awesome manufactured after market systems out therejust depends on your budget :)

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iv been advise from various taders and members to go for a custom made one :) ask around and see whos reccomended near you.
By getting a custom one youll get one made just how you want it! Sound, style, size etc and usualy for the same price if not cheeper than manufactured aftermarket ones :) theyll also fit it while you wait and you usualy get some sort of warrenty to :)
This is what im doing to mine next month, for a full turbo back system including elbow its costing my 700gbp all in, fitted and everything which is an awesome price :)
There are however alot of awesome manufactured after market systems out therejust depends on your budget :)
Thanks......yes we have had a custom exhaust before ;) Just trying to get a few opinions from people on the exhausts they currently have fitted/listen to a few too :smthumbup

This is what mine sounds like.
3" Kakimoto with downpipe and decat :)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v57/gtir1281/mlr vids/?action=view&current=M2U00318.flv

PS - Miltek exhausts would probably interest you :)
That sounds lovely :smthumbup....the clip was entertaining too ....it was good to see the car going round so well :smthumbup It would be nice to hear a full Miltek system as they do seem to have some really good reports, Thanks :smthumbup:)

this is mine with a miltek downpipe and decat and cobra cat back

That has a nice loud rumble :smthumbup...

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please keep the replys comming :smthumbup This is an important decision & we would like as many comments/opinions as possible :smthumbup;)
Thanks to those who have already commented :smthumbup:smthumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts