Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wonder if anyone had APEXi N1 catback exhaust fitted on their E4?! i've actually placed order for one (arriving from APEXi Japan in 1 month time) and will decat using 3 galvanished-steel straight pipe with custom flange on both ends (is this ok or must i use stainless-steel material?!). as for the downpipe, will do it at a later stage coz' i wanna feel the difference with this stage mods first. how does this N1 sounds on our turbo E4, better than HKS Hiper/Dragger or Trust Power Extreme II?! i'm looking at something with deep rumble (at idling), loud at mid-high rev and sounds steel solid!! what sort of bhp/torque increase should i be expecting?! hey, this N1 comes in 1 piece setup only... surprised!! specs: 65-70-75mm mandrel-bent pipe, 160mm muffler unit and 115mm tip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one actually fitted APEXi N1 on their E4/5/6 before, weird?! wonder how it sounds like ie. idling and WOT?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SK,

I have no first hand experience with N1 catback but have heard from people and read somewhere that N1 is really loud. I don't think you would get that growl and deep rumble when idling with N1. It's more like high pitch sound and to be honest, I've never seen any Evo using N1 around me. So, maybe that's why nobody replied to you!;)

A friend of mine use Superdragger on his Integra and yes, it produces deep rumble at idle but then again, different car different behaviour. Heard of Tanabe? They are known to give exactly the kind of sound you are looking for.

Good luck:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SK,

Go back a few days and read the thread by Botchi titled TANABE Racing Medallion Exhaust . The link he provided got some info on Apexi products and Tanabe as well. Good luck:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Buddy Club N1 exhaust from Japan, straight thru plus downpipe. Deep rumbling at idling, 117 decipels at 4000rpm, track days organiser does not like it too much, neighbours and wife do not allow me to warm up or cool down car at garage, got to do it elsewhere. Looking forward to change to the Apexi Ni with the flap/sound control.

Lawrence
(Black EVO 6)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey sk_evo4,

I've recently replaced my exhaust with a custom made one. It is a mixture of mild steel (coated) and stainless steel (SUS305). I have the Apexi N1 muffler. See my post titled My Exhaust .

The muffler has a nice sound to it, deep and loudish. But as I pointed out in my post, I wish it were louder. I will had the dB checked out tho and see how loud it actually is. It prolly sounds louder outside than in the car cos I have a resonator too.

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Batman,don't use Buddy Club,it's crazy noisy!!!!!!it's only a straight pipe!!hahaha of coz your wife don't let you cool down you car!!change it as soon as you can otherwise police will get you!!
um,..about the APEXi,one of our member use it in EVO4,the sound is a bit louder than HKS hiper,by the way why you don't buy the new N1 exhaust of APEXi,it's light,all make from steel,I can't remember the name of the exhaust,APEXi make it for MRS race car before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts