Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone else has been watching the NASCAR series on Sky sports since they started showing it live last year.

I'm hooked on it, used to be really into F1 and touring cars but i reckon NASCAR is way better. Anyone else of the same opinion?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Only if it's in HD :smthumbup I used to think it was lame, but it's actually proper good imo

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sorry but no,watching cars go around an oval for hours on end is not my idea of entertainment.But if you like it fair play.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nascar its brill, esp when they start drafting. Its unreal how many places they can lose if they hit the wrong air.

Its shelby 427 at las vegas tomorrow night 9.30 on sky 3. :smthumbup

I would love to go and watch it. Bet the sound is unreal, my wife went about 6years ago at rockingham, she said it was so loud you could not stand or sit in the front row of seats.

ben.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry but no,watching cars go around an oval for hours on end is not my idea of entertainment.But if you like it fair play.
I thought the same at the start, but it's so much more than just going round in circles. There's tons of overtaking, tons of big crashes and the racing is so close. 43 cars all very similar spec on track at one time. You can qualify last and still win the race it's unbelievable.

I would recommend it to all race fans:smthumbup:smthumbup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nascar its brill, esp when they start drafting. Its unreal how many places they can lose if they hit the wrong air.

Its shelby 427 at las vegas tomorrow night 9.30 on sky 3. :smthumbup

I would love to go and watch it. Bet the sound is unreal, my wife went about 6years ago at rockingham, she said it was so loud you could not stand or sit in the front row of seats.

ben.
looking forward to it, Vegas is a great speedway. Should be a cracking race.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What did you think to daytona? i think it was dale earnhardt jr who took nearly all the field out when he side swiped that other guy. Kin dangerous that was. lucky nobody was killed. Thought he would have bin black flagged.

Kyle busch was a bit sick, he would have won i reckon.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,594 Posts
if its watched on a lil telly its not so good ,on 50" PLASMA its ACE,3 wide at 200+mph inches from the bloke in fronts bumper:rucrazy:

F1s poor in comparision

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What did you think to daytona? i think it was dale earnhardt jr who took nearly all the field out when he side swiped that other guy. Kin dangerous that was. lucky nobody was killed. Thought he would have bin black flagged.

Kyle busch was a bit sick, he would have won i reckon.
I think Vickers started it by pushing Earnhardt down to the grass but he should'nt have hit Vickers on the way back up the track, he took out quite a few guys that could have had a chance of winning. It's a shame the rain spoilt the end.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeh i agree.

I love the 'GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES' thats kin good.

A friend of mine went over to daytona, and for $50 you got 3 laps round at full speed. It would be amazing.

Suppose closest thing to a nascar for the road is a mustang roush.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
We went to watch it at Daytona when we went to Florida about 4/5 years ago, it was my mate who wanted to go see it, I can't stand watching it on TV but when your actually there watching it live its pretty cool tbh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts