Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best run on the pod so far has been 13.2, with a messed up gearshift from first into second. Has anyone heard of any other 400 going up the pod, and know what sort of times they were getting? Mine weighs in at 1520kg without the driver, whereas a standard 400 would be under 1400kg and I'd like to work out what sort of times I could be getting with a good gearbox!
Cheers!
Ivan.

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
mate you should be doing high 11s

i was doing low 12s in my mak with 50bhp less ;)

looks like im going to have to try at the pod so we can see ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mate I really wanted to just give you my car to nail the perfect qm but I couldn't find you :) I need a second opinion on the gearshift problem...

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
we need to talk mate

i reported my clutch to the mitsi garage

it would not come up from the floor and also i had problems getting into second :(

im going to ring the garage again ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats exactly whats happening to me! After a perfect race start from about 5k revs, the pedal stops working. I push it down, but I can feel the gear's still conected.

So I pop the box out of first into neutral and try and push it into second, but it isn't just tight it physically won't go in!

So I end up pumping the clutch pedal in neutral up and down a few times, and after three or four, I can feel it click and then I can get second gear and drop the clutch back and zoom off.

The thing is if I'm already driving along and drop to first, I can happily redline it till all my fuel's out the exhaust, and still shift to second with no problems, so it makes me think that I'm wrong about the gearshift and that it's the clutch, since it only happens after a race start!

What do you reckon - sound like what yours was doing? I'm on 4.3k miles so I'm going in for my service sometime soon - what's best for me to say to make sure they fix the damn thing!

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
leave it with me im on to it with the garage

i no yours was doing it at the pod my one was doing on a public road. :eek:

i had two mate in the back booted it and and could not get into second gear..

oh my one is on 5.k ;)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,884 Posts
FQ400-#018 said:
My best run on the pod so far has been 13.2, with a messed up gearshift from first into second.
So what you're saying is that you have problems even driving your car in a straight line? Guess we won't be seeing these FQ400s at Haynes any time soon ;)

:eek: Corners! :eek:

:D

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Re: Re: Anyone else done a qm in a 400?

Aidy said:
So what you're saying is that you have problems even driving your car in a straight line? Guess we won't be seeing these FQ400s at Haynes any time soon ;)

mate it wouldent last 5 mins trust me i no :eek:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fq400duran said:
leave it with me im on to it with the garage

i no yours was doing it at the pod my one was doing on a public road. :eek:

i had two mate in the back booted it and and could not get into second gear..

oh my one is on 5.k ;)
Awesome cheers - I've learnt that when I ask for something they laugh and then don't actually do it! Hopefully you'll have much better luck :)

Know what you mean, I regularly stall with my mates in the back :mad: the main culprit seems reverse parking up a hill!

5k - keeno :p

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Anyone else done a qm in a 400?

Aidy said:

Tell me about it - I got the car, found it was quite hard to drive and shifts involved a fair bit of practice, thought ok before any trackdays lets just take it to santapod and practice my gearshifts, and that was two months ago and I still haven't got past that stage :D

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
they will fix mine alright

i dident spend near on 50k for mine to go wrong

i havent even done any trackdays yet :eek: :eek:

next week is the training day that will be fun

30 odd 400s clutches packing up :crackup:

·
Super Moderator
7,389 Posts
Guys

the problem is with the clutch im afraid :( I can't believe that they fitted a single plate 6 paddle in the FQ400 as most of the people who buy these cars have probably got no idea how to treat a paddle clutch. Can you guys see colt replacing them f.o.c ?

Gary

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Guys

the problem is with the clutch im afraid :( I can't believe that they fitted a single plate 6 paddle in the FQ400 as most of the people who buy these cars have probably got no idea how to treat a paddle clutch. Can you guys see colt replacing them f.o.c ?

Gary
gaz is it the same as the one you fitted to my mak :confused:

oh and i will have mine done free of charge no worrys there

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are using Bells at Earls Barton, Be careful. I've had a few problems with them and not impressed.
Hope you have better service than I got.

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Saintsman said:
If you are using Bells at Earls Barton, Be careful. I've had a few problems with them and not impressed.
Hope you have better service than I got.
no way mate :crackup: good god there the worst ever

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They better replace it foc if its a fault! Obviously once I destroy the clutch (a couple of more diffs should go before that happens :D :cry: :D ) they'll make me pay for it, but so far the clutch's fine - it just doesn't work! The dealer we use has an excellent salesman but a very mitsubishi-like service department - they won't do anything they don't have to do!

·
Registered
294 Posts
[honest question]
How do you treat a paddle clutch then Gaz?
[/honest question]

(Thinking about lobbing one in my car)

ta

B

If I were you guys I would swap out your AO46's before you go wearing them out on your training days - you can't get any more you know :D

·
Super Moderator
7,389 Posts
Blinder said:
[honest question]
How do you treat a paddle clutch then Gaz?
[/honest question]

(Thinking about lobbing one in my car)

ta

B

If I were you guys I would swap out your AO46's before you go wearing them out on your training days - you can't get any more you know :D
Hello

over the next few days i will try and post a article on which types of clutchs we recomend for different types of use. This is one of the questions i get asked on average 2 or 3 times a day ;)

Cheers Gary

1 - 20 of 70 Posts