Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a muscle car track day experience for my birthday last year which is booked for next weekend. Just wondered if anyone has driven round the tockwith track before and if it's any good. My choice of venue was very limited unless I wanted to make a 11-12 hour round trip for 2 hours of track time. Should be good though, getting to drive a 600bhp camaro ZL1, R34 skyline (not sure why that's at a muscle car drive) and a '69 camaro ss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Got a muscle car track day experience for my birthday last year which is booked for next weekend. Just wondered if anyone has driven round the tockwith track before and if it's any good. My choice of venue was very limited unless I wanted to make a 11-12 hour round trip for 2 hours of track time. Should be good though, getting to drive a 600bhp camaro ZL1, R34 skyline (not sure why that's at a muscle car drive) and a '69 camaro ss.

Car Chase Heroes, I work for them but don't do Tockwith as it's too far North, I get a nosebleed if I go past Birmingham :lol:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car Chase Heroes, I work for them but don't do Tockwith as it's too far North, I get a nosebleed if I go past Birmingham :lol:
That's the one, wish I could drive fast cars round a track for a living Never driven on a track before so looking forward to it. Track layout looks quite good, a bit of everything in there. Always wanted to drive the R34 and the 69 Camaro looks like a bit of a handful! I just hope it's not chucking it down.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
There's a number of facilities at Tockwith.

The skid pan, oiled up for sideways action, they can provide the cars, RWD bimmers IIRC.

The kids driving area, 14 year olds can drive your own car, £20 for 1.5 hours.
12 to 14 year olds have to use their cars and instructor, not sure how much that costs.

The kart track, usual corporate kart stuff, races, arrive and drive, or take your own Kart.

The long, full size circuit car circuit. They spent a fortune on getting some decent tarmac down on this a few years ago, since them the locals have kicked off and done everything they can to stop the ex airfield being used for anything other than dog walking.:mad:
The track isn't too wide and the curbs are unpainted but a decent combination of fast and slow stuff.

When are you going? I might take a ride down for a look.

PFC

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a number of facilities at Tockwith.

The skid pan, oiled up for sideways action, they can provide the cars, RWD bimmers IIRC.

The kids driving area, 14 year olds can drive your own car, £20 for 1.5 hours.

12 to 14 year olds have to use their cars and instructor, not sure how much that costs.

The kart track, usual corporate kart stuff, races, arrive and drive, or take your own Kart.

The long, full size circuit car circuit. They spent a fortune on getting some decent tarmac down on this a few years ago, since them the locals have kicked off and done everything they can to stop the ex airfield being used for anything other than dog walking.:mad:

The track isn't too wide and the curbs are unpainted but a decent combination of fast and slow stuff.

When are you going? I might take a ride down for a look.

PFC
Thanks for the info. Going next Saturday (28th), pleased to hear it's had some new tarmac. Friend of mine had read a review quite a while back and someone had said it was full of potholes! Maybe it'll just be covered in dog crap now. If you end up popping down we'll meet up for a bit of a natter, bore the wife talking about evos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts