Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys ive taken up cycling as a hobby to help with a bit of fitnessing lol i bought my self a bike and fancy going to different park locations to enjoy a bit of scenery.

i want to transport my bike along with 3 other bikes once a week using my evo 8 and was wondering has anyone fitted a bike rack or roof rack to theirs or anyone have any other ideas to help transport the bikes on the evo, i can use a different car but love my evo.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
THE THULE rack just grips on the sides of the roof.. it is wise to put some large sticker under it as it will scratch the paint, regardless of what thule says..
I have it and it works well.. just need to protect the paint... I just cut a larger piece of vinyl and stick it on the roof

we also use it on the rally..

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm using Saris rack up to 45kg's or 3 bikes. My advice is, if you have bike with bevel top tube to pull off wheel close to exhaust from my experience :rolleyes:
Bike with horizontal tube can go with wheels :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Not sure if you have already taken the plunge, but I found the cheapest sites were;

Amazon - Mounting feet
Halfords - Hardware for feet (to fit Evo roof)
Halfords - Bars

This was for the THULE stuff I have yet to fit, but it does look a great piece of kit! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts