Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone bought from aero kit or hz performance.

Looks like they sell the same kit, Thinking about ordering there Body kit and just wondering how there fitment is.

Anyone on here bought any kit off either company.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Areakit are terrible mate, customer service is appalling. Hz are pretty good mate, fast shipping and packaged properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Got my front bumper from Hz.....didn't fit without a lot of adjustment.....cost me an extra £250 for the body shop to get it to fit. Looks good now tho 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Luck of the draw maybe, rear arches from areokit went back as they were damaged and twisted, hz arches were good and came in perfect condition. Had a huge fight with areokit as they weren't bothered as soon as delivery driver had dropped it off. Left with next door as I was out. Didn't want to take any responsibility although it turned up like this

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
i spoke to aerokit yesterday na dhad a very good chat with them about their kits

i wanted carbon but they said they have tried but couldnt get it working, they even offered me the chance to go down and use their equiptment to make a carbon splitter lol

but they know theres a problem with the kits, and are actually redesigning it so it fits better with an evo in so they say

im on the search for a kit but hz dont have anything in for a few weeks no one does

priced it up on alibabba where they all seem to getting them from bar aerokit and again waiting time, but postage for a full kit is $1500!!! as well as purchase price then vat and import tax may as well buy genuine lol

but speak to wind speed performance, they are getting the kits and the fitment is suppose to be spot on and they have sold a fair few but unsure on wiating times

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so you guys think stay away from aerokit? anyone bought the hz rears if so how well did they fit.

noticed the rear arches aerokit sell are 40mm and hz ones are 25mm so would you notice the diffrence when fitted between the two sizes.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luck of the draw maybe, rear arches from areokit went back as they were damaged and twisted, hz arches were good and came in perfect condition. Had a huge fight with areokit as they weren't bothered as soon as delivery driver had dropped it off. Left with next door as I was out. Didn't want to take any responsibility although it turned up like this

tree did you buy the aerokit rears and also hz ones? if so was there much diffrence in quality between the two.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
tree did you buy the aerokit rears and also hz ones? if so was there much diffrence in quality between the two.
Yeah I've had both, areokit ones were twisted and damaged in transport. But they fibreglass looked pretty crap anyway according to my mate at the bodyshop. I then bought the hz rears and they were absolutely fine....apart from a wide inside lip similar to what your have on the car to start with. But we just cut this off and it was spot on
that's a 10.5j et12 wheel with a 10mm spacer for it to sit flush on the rear

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I've had both, areokit ones were twisted and damaged in transport. But they fibreglass looked pretty crap anyway according to my mate at the bodyshop. I then bought the hz rears and they were absolutely fine....apart from a wide inside lip similar to what your have on the car to start with. But we just cut this off and it was spot on
that's a 10.5j et12 wheel with a 10mm spacer for it to sit flush on the rear

Tree that looks nice fitted pal. Was they hard to fit. Heard you got to chop a fair bit of the arch to fit them. I take it they don't provide a stencil or instructions.?

So how easy was it to mark how much you need to cut off, as I guess you only get one shot at it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Pretty straight forward to be honest mate, I cut 30mm out of my arches. No there's no instructions or anything haha bit of a shame. As a guide, when you put your hand into your arch you'll feel that it's single skin then meets a thicker layer. That's where I've cut and sealed mine back too. I did it myself but if a bodyshop does it make sure you go to one who has experience with wide arch kits. Just make sure you trim the rear kit before to bond/rivet it onto the car

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Pretty straight forward to be honest mate, I cut 30mm out of my arches. No there's no instructions or anything haha bit of a shame. As a guide, when you put your hand into your arch you'll feel that it's single skin then meets a thicker layer. That's where I've cut and sealed mine back too. I did it myself but if a bodyshop does it make sure you go to one who has experience with wide arch kits. Just make sure you trim the rear kit before to bond/rivet it onto the car

look like you did a great job tree any more pics :thumbup:

did you just buy the rear fenders or did you buy the front wings , skirts and front spoiler also ?

and did you just bond them on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts