Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody fitted Broquet (fuel catalyst) to their cars? If so what are your feelings?

(Incidently, I believe Prodrive fitted the UK Spec 22b's and P1's with the Broquet catalysts.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Howard. Cards declared - I have been involved with Broquet for 12 years as a distributor. Netiquette is important to me so I won't take up this space with sales spiel. Just let me say that it is 110% genuine and I would be very happy to have a chat with anyone about the product (tel 01403 823507 or e-mail). In essence Broquet is a permanent, one-off, installation into the fuel tank which results in a more complete combustion of fuel. You are invited to visit www.broquet.co.uk although this is not specifically directed at the performance car market where Broquet offers particular benefits. Cheers, David Lock

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any truth in the Prodrive bit. To be honest I can't see why they would fit it?
Why would you want to fit something that is really meant for running unleaded fuel in leaded engines?
In short what are the advantages of fitting it to a modern unleaded car like the Evo?

There are so many so called miracle additives or bolt ons out there that its understandable that I'm sceptical.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not an Impreza owner but my understanding is that many imports which were set up for high octane jap fuel were having major problems running on European spec 95 RON unleaded. Engines were suffering from piston crown failure. It was shown that using Broquet appears to have eliminated this (expensive) problem. As I said briefly above Broquet will result in an improved combustion of fuel and, for example, allow an engine to run on a slightly lower octane than it would otherwise require. So you can use say 95 RON when the engine really wants 97 RON. In other words use regular unleaded rather than super which is expensive and increasingly hard to find. Better combustion will also mean more available power which is why Broquet is increasingly used in many race and track engines. I quite understand any scepticism but as I said I am more than happy to discuss the product. David Lock

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before I bought the Evo6 I'm collecting this Saturday (fingers crossed), I had one on order from Ralliart from Sep 99 to March 00, when I cancelled the order in frustration. At the time, I spoke to one of Ralliart's technical chaps about fuel, since 98RON was being withdrawn. He said that they were investigating fitting the broquet to their cars. I don't know what came of their investigations though, and whether they are actually fitted, though I suspect not. Can anyone confirm for sure?

Gary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts