Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi anybody recommend a good race clutch that will last not to expensive pls, anything that wont slip.

gonna make some mods this year hopefully, my pride has been hurt at the rr day lol :D
my mind has gone nuts and i need torque torque

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Get a HKS Super Twin Paddle Clutch, it can easy handle the 323 lb ft of torque at 1.4 bar on my E4 ( on std ECU???:D:))

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not bad superevo 4 good one yeah how did u get the 324 lbs of torque and i heard thats expensive coz sam elasar got one

thanks again anymore advice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the clutch is expensive, but worth it in the long run, if you are going to modify your car.
Basically you need to remortgage your house to get any good power from your evo,
I've basically had my engine re-built with stronger internals ie/

Forged Pistons
Arp Bolts
Con rods
Cams
Turbo
Intercooler
Induction Kit
Oil cooler
Exhaust
Boost Controller
Twin Paddle clutch

and lots more, can't remember full spec though. It is basically a High Torque 400bhp conversion, But I am still lacking a programable ecu
to achieve that figure, hopefully be able to run 2 bar of boost then. Not long now though.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fukc thats a lot of mods mate my God must have been a bomb whats it 0 to 60 buddy and thanks for the reply mate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moses,

M8 of mine has tried twinplate racing clutches by Cusco, HKS and Ogura on his heavily modded Evo (380HP @ the wheels, best quarter-mile time in the low 11's). He liked the Cusco most of all, because it lasted the longest.

The Ogura (ORC) unit had a very nice stock-like clutch action, as did the HKS. But it would start slipping after only a few races. As for the HKS, I was present at a race when the clutch pin went. And I believe it was only the 2nd race on that clutch.

So obviously, the Cusco seems to get the nod overall. Though of course, this is only based on his experience. I'm probably going for the Cusco myself eventually. They all cost roughly the same, maybe a bit more for the ORC.

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks a lot hesperus that was brilliant how r u anyway mate, yeah trying to get much advice as possible mate, need to have a conversion soon.

thanks again and have a nice weekend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts