Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tried an failed to buy an exhaust bung for my Fujibitsu exhaust because its too loud in the early hours of the morning and although no-one has said anything yet i just know its annoying the neighbours.
( I'm a train driver and have to be at work most mornings for 4.30am, so i leave for work at 3.45am (ish) ).

The tailpipe is roughly 4" with an ID of 96mm so there weren't any bungs available that I could find.

So i took the car to powerflow in Telford and they made me up a bung for £20, took about an hour to do. It fits perfect and bolts in so i can remove it.

http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

its so quiet now, just like any other car, makes a huge difference to the noise level - SO I'LL LEAVE IT IN ON MY EARLY STARTS KEEPING THE NEIGHBOURHOOD CALM AND RELAXED.

So if you need a bung then get yourself to your powerflow exhaust centre and get them to make you one.

cheers

Andy.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
just don't boot it with it in. I was told by turbo tom that it can cause the car to det if its been mapped without it in.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just don't boot it with it in. I was told by turbo tom that it can cause the car to det if its been mapped without it in.
its just to get me out of the estate Steve, its a 1 min job to put in and out, plus when i come home on nights (around 2.30am) i'll put it in before i get home, just being neighbourly......:smthumbup

thanks for the advice though....:smthumbup

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think so, i was looking at Antilag and having it switchable ( 2 maps) and what i've read they don't seem to have that option.

i think i'm going to sell the power fc and get another ECU that can be flashed, then i can have 2 maps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts